Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Call for help
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 05:49 AM
Call for help

Hello All,

I have long been feeling discomfort for the false note that takes place under my web site's address in many searching motors. The note says “About this Turkish oud maker whose shop is located in Thessaloniki, Greece. Includes information on the mathematical formulas for calculating oud brace ... “
Someone must have registered it in that way and the others copied from that incorrect explanatory note.

Could any of the forum members’ advice me? What should I do in order to correct that false information? Perhaps every one in this forum knows that my shop is located in Istanbul, Turkey, but someone who is searching for the word “oud” through the Internet is misled. Please help!

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 07:19 AM

Hi Mr. Turunz,

I believe this information is part of your website's description. Is it possible for your site's designer to fix this mistake?

mavrothis

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 09:15 AM

Faruk,

There are all kinds of computer-generated websites with links that are made by word-association. I think in you case this may be generated from the Oud meeting in Thessaloniki or something like that. Other "link" sites are made by grabbing links from other sites, so one mistake can be generated dozens or hundreds of times. You can't really do anything about it.

Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 12:37 PM

In Google and a couple of other search engines I tried, your descriptions comes up as saying you are based in Istanbul, Turkey.
can you give us links to pages that say otherwise?

btw, I like your new site design . . .
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 11-20-2006 at 02:18 PM

Hello Master Faruk,

I noticed this anomoly several years ago, when I first went searching for your site. It is strange that it has contined even after Sinan has reworked your site.

It seems that the problem comes from online directories, many of which copy details from each other.

Take a look at your listing in:
http://dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Instruments/Stringed/Oud/
and
http://www.google.com/Top/Arts/Music/Instruments/Stringed/Oud/

Even in Malaysia at
http://www.mbjb.gov.my/index.php?option=com_dwodp&c=/Arts/Music...

Jameel even gets a mention in that one,
"Ain Arab (The Spring) - A journal of Jameel Abraham's experiments with making Turkish-style ouds."

Google has 184 links to directories that show that your shop is located in Thessaloniki.

It seems that this error was made a long time ago and, through the wonders and fallability of the internet, there will be no easy way to correct it.

Regards,

Greg
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 04:18 AM
Thanks to all

Mavrothis, Jameel, Brian and Greg thank you all. Yes, this blunder is based up on that title of my speech. I will present a paper on our specialized tools in Muscat on the 3rd of Dec. and publis it on my web site. In a near future you can see such a note under my web site address in the directories: " ...whose shop is located in Muscat-Oman"
Who knows!:))

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top