Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tips on making a risha
Brynley
Oud Addict

Mood: very positive

[*] posted on 3-7-2007 at 07:19 PM

I,ve just lost my favorite risha, it was given to me by a luthier friend who plays Lauota, made out of a strip of whats known as "clown puke" that ugly multicolored plastic matierial sometimes used for pickguards. He just cut it into strips and used it like that ,I sanded mine into shape. I,m missing it...........now I,ve just got to find some inebriated clown and................................
Red
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-16-2007 at 04:37 PM

Great! The new cleaning lady threw away my best risha, I leave it laying on my desk at home. Then i thought "thank god i have my other Risha", then i realized that the second risha was also laying on my desk...

So now i need to make or purchase some. I loved that risha, it has a rubbery feel to it, anyone know where i can get some or what the material is?
Brynley
Oud Addict

Mood: very positive

[*] posted on 3-17-2007 at 04:37 PM

I know what it s like to lose a favorite risha, they just seem to vanish sometimes. I,ve noticed Jameel at khalafoud@khalafoud.com has blanks for sale of a couple of different matierials to shape yourself, even sanding boards to save the trauma of going to the manicurist..........I don,t know about the rubbery feel , but it,s worth it to try different matierials to find what you like, good luck!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top