Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ali Hassan new video
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 01:18 PM
Ali Hassan new video

Check it out..
pure skills

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-858231655036162295&q=ou...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5623733851494007461&q=o...
aldokhi
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 11:25 PM

I have joined the learn oud site, web-based out lessons run by Ali Hassan, it's fantastic and I strongly recommend it to any one who wants to learn, the instructions are in Arabic but he's in the process of also including english instructions as well. it includes a section on how to properly tune the oud and lessons on all the major maqams and the associated taqseems.
learnoud.com

aldokhi
jazzchiss
Oud Junkie

Mood: Improvising

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 12:49 AM

I do not like his style. Always that I hear playing western music with an oud I feel disappointed. What pleases me from the oud are his vibratos and glissandos. To play it in such an inexpressive way is better to use a lute or a guitar.

Jason
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving my oud

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 06:26 AM

I usually feel the same way but I also think that the oud is such a wonderful instrument, it shouldn't be restricted to only eastern music. I think it is viewed as a 'niche instrument' by most composers. Just something to give a piece of music some eastern flavor. While it certainly works well doing this I think it is capable of so much more.

I'm sure there was a time when people in the middle east scoffed at the idea of using a western instrument like the violin for eastern music. I think it also works the other way around.
mourad_X
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 07:40 AM

..after somebody was asking him at the woodstock festival: why you are playing westernmusic with your Sitar ? Ravi Shankar the great master answers " it does'nt hurt the spanish guitar when you play some other stuff exept the flamenco with it"

my teatcher in morrocco allways plays a peace of mozart on his oud , becouse he loves mozart
...why not!!!

best regards
mourad

Go To Top