Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud cases on Ebay
Brynley
Oud Addict

Mood: very positive

[*] posted on 12-18-2006 at 05:05 PM
Oud cases on Ebay

I,ve been looking at oud cases on ebay," item no.130057688932 oud fancy hard case Fiber locks Sukar made lute" Has anyone got one of these cases, if so are they any good? Any opinions, caveats, advice welcome. Thanks
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 12-19-2006 at 07:47 AM

Hi,

I purchased one of these cases a while ago. They are ok (mine arrived very scraped - bad packaging), but I only recommend them for airline travel when you want something somewhat sturdy that will also fit in the overhead compartment - not for checking it in with luggage of course.

There are no extra compartments or anything, but for the price, it does the job for air travel for a small to midsize oud.

Take care,

mavrothis

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
madzub
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-19-2006 at 12:26 PM

I purchased a Sukar case from someone named "Sam" (Msalam Alsyoufi) on an E-bay second chance offer -- it's never arrived. He unregistered himself from E-Bay at the same time, and returned one of my e-mails promising me that he'd send it once his family problems somewhere were over. He's disconnected his phone. That was 3 months ago and it looks like he's run off with my hundred bucks.

I'm looking at this E-bay listing and thinking that the stuff he's selling looks mighty familiar. If it's the same fellow, watch out. If it's not, disregard my comments, might be a coincidence but I have my doubts. By the way,I've seen an example of this case and agree with previous posting's comments.
journeyman
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-19-2006 at 08:38 PM

I bought one of these cases. They are OK for carrying the oud around in, but not for checking through baggage on an airline. I don't know what the seller means by "fiber locks." Mine has very cheap latches, one that was broken when it arrived and one actual lock, which again is made of very cheap material. The case works fine for my porposes, but I would check the dimentions of your oud and make sure it will fit in the case. The seller was prompt on delivery. Hope this helps.
madzub
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 01:25 PM

A P.S. to my posting above -- the fellow selling this case denies that he's the guy who defrauded me of $108 a couple of months ago. But I'll note that he's from Virginia, as the other guy was, is selling exactly the same potpourri of stuff, and has received the same kind of negative feedback recently (damaged goods etc.) that the 'other' fellow did. Coincidence?

So, regardless of his denials, I know what I think. Everyone else can make their own judgement.
Walidk
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 04:51 PM

Hi all,
I have recently bought one of these. It arrived a month later. It was shipped from Syria..not from Virginia.
I agree with the description above. Mine was so scraped that it looks like a used one. Material is cheap and the smell of glue (Klefah) is awful. I really doubt that these were made by Ibrahim Sukkar but I could be wrong.
It was very well packaged though and arrived unharmed.

For the money (around $120) it's not too bad (better than leaving your oud laying around naked).;)
VIKING...
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 2-20-2007 at 03:14 PM

I think they are a great case as long as its just for gig's, i love the fact you can throw the case over your shoulder with the shoulder strap and off you go, :buttrock:
sam81dc
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-26-2007 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by madzub
I purchased a Sukar case from someone named "Sam" (Msalam Alsyoufi) on an E-bay second chance offer -- it's never arrived. He unregistered himself from E-Bay at the same time, and returned one of my e-mails promising me that he'd send it once his family problems somewhere were over. He's disconnected his phone. That was 3 months ago and it looks like he's run off with my hundred bucks.

I'm looking at this E-bay listing and thinking that the stuff he's selling looks mighty familiar. If it's the same fellow, watch out. If it's not, disregard my comments, might be a coincidence but I have my doubts. By the way,I've seen an example of this case and agree with previous posting's comments.
sam81dc
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-26-2007 at 05:03 PM

Well Im Sam, I didnot run off with your hundred bucks !! I sold ouds and other things for nearly Hundred thousand $, I stopped selling on Ebay and left the US for personal reasons, What's your item number ? I would either give you a refund or ship you a new one. You should have emailed me about it. my email is msalam Alsyoufi.

Regards,
sam81dc
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-26-2007 at 05:07 PM

Dear Walid,

if you have a doubt if the case was made by Sukar, why dont you call him to ask ? His # is on his website.

thanks,
madzub
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-26-2007 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sam81dc
Well Im Sam, I didnot run off with your hundred bucks !! I sold ouds and other things for nearly Hundred thousand $, I stopped selling on Ebay and left the US for personal reasons, What's your item number ? I would either give you a refund or ship you a new one. You should have emailed me about it. my email is msalam Alsyoufi.

Regards,
madzub
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 2-26-2007 at 05:38 PM

Sam - you know I've been writing you since October about this case that you never sent. You have not sent me either a case, nor the refund I've requested. What exactly would you like me to think, it now being almost March? 'You should have e-mailed me about this' -- wow....I have, probably at present, a collection of about 25 requests to you!!

you know my address....it's in Canada...."Peter"...ring a bell?

Go To Top