Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: An oud for $620,000 Ud !!!!!
excentrik
Oud Junkie

Mood: Now Here, Nowhere...

[*] posted on 12-25-2006 at 03:26 PM

I just checked out his page (that guy jens ritter) he does some pretty interesting work... but for al-oud, keep it in the soul, we dont need no diamonds to make something beautiful.

Melbourne, I agree with you- the gulf makes me sick sometimes... we dont need another vegas, you know? people in the region starve and are diplaced and this oud is up for $600,000++.:( seriously something wrong with that picture.

tarik
RabeeKafina
Oud Admirer

Mood: Moody!!

[*] posted on 12-25-2006 at 06:53 PM

Off course it's a joke to have an oud full of diamond and gold; but I like the idea of making an oud from metalic material; I wonder what is the nature of sound from it? mabe like (Jumbush)?
Did anybody try to make something similar?
hakeem.ram
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ouding my time away

[*] posted on 12-25-2006 at 10:04 PM

melbourne

I wonder what others like Steve Vai, Michale Angelo de Batio, Eric johnson and Yngwie Malmsteen has to say about his guitar?

Wonder what kind of Testimonials would Britney, Christina & Madona can give? "Ooooohhhhh baby that guitarsure looks good and sexy!"
:applause:

Again, Food for thought!:mad:
jdowning
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 07:05 AM

RabeekaFina is interested in an oud made from metal. When working as a full time heritage tinsmith, prior to retirement, I did build a full sized guitar (based on a - wooden(!) - 19th C French instrument by Grobert) in tinplate and brass - just for exhibition purposes. I have since been thinking about building a lute in tinplate - just for fun and to demonstrate tinsmithing skills - but a tinplate oud would be an interesting alternative project instead. Will see what I can do in the New Year as I am currently busy with other (non oud) instrument restoration projects. I don't anticipate that the sound will be up to much, however - different perhaps! I will eventually post the results but don't expect any jewelled decoration!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top