Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Charbel Rouhana's al-Oud, a Modern Method Book
el-esseily
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 1-4-2017 at 03:47 AM

Hi all, for anyone asking about European shipping - I live in the UK and I bought the books by mail order directly from the publishers Institut Sainte Rafqa de Musique. You can contact them at secretariatisrm@gmail.com

The price of the two volumes together was $74, plus shipping cost to UK of $47 (10 to 15 working days in Liban Post service), payable by Western Union which has a very straightforward online interface.

newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-5-2017 at 02:06 AM

Hello el-esseily!

Thanks for your information!

Is there an existing website? I did not find anything using the name of the institute you gave. I'd like very much having a look into the books before buying. Or can you tell us something about the contents? What is the concept Charbel uses? What are his didactics? Or, maybe, could you post a preview of the indexes? What are your impressions about the books?

A lot of questions for sure, but I hope you can help!

Greetings from Klaus in Germany!
el-esseily
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 1-7-2017 at 02:46 AM

Hello newlife - the video review by Fadhel that Suz_i_dil kindly posted in thread is pretty thorough and more than makes up for the lack of other info online! Take a look at the video in HD mode, it will show you all the detail and you'll get a good idea of the contents (including indexes), but let me know if you have questions on any particular aspect.

I've been learning oud for about 3 years with various teachers, and I wish I'd had these books from day 1! They are really methodical and professional. The progressions are very logical and incremental, no gaps or sudden jumps, so I am definitely looking forward to using them for daily self study. Highly recommended!!
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-8-2017 at 02:31 AM

Hello el-esseily!

Ok, I contacted the given address for further information. Apart from that I took a closer look at the youtube link. I did not understand a single word, but the contents seem to be very good. Due to the fact that I have no teacher at all this is the only book making sense for daily practise. Thanks again!

newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-10-2017 at 06:27 AM

Western Union Germany is kind of confusing and inscrutable, I'm not going to make a payment there. Western Union tells me my money will be transferred to an austrian bank first, in addition they say they do not know if my bank will charge me for the transaction. Seems too risky for me, maybe in the end I will end up at 200 Euros as before.

Lebanon. :( No oud method for me I fear. I do not know why they make buying so complicated there. I hope they will sell in european shops before long. Somehow I feel sorry for Charbel. I mean he has done great work, but nobody outside his country can buy his books without paying postage that equals the price of his books!?

Gocauo
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-10-2017 at 09:32 AM

Got this off of a FB group I am on...

===================
The book is distributed in the US by the Saint Anthony Maronite Catholic Church in Virginia.

To order your copy please send a check or money order to St. Anthony Church, 4611 Sadler Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060

For more information you can contact Monsignor George Sebaali at: (804) 270-7234, or email him at: gmsebaali@aol.com or at StAnthonyMaroniteChurch@Verizon.net

The Cost is $40 per volume plus $10 shipping per volume within the U.S.
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-10-2017 at 09:55 AM

I'll give it a try, so thanks a lot for posting the addresses! :)

newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-16-2017 at 11:34 AM

Hawamusic only accepted Western Union transfer for paying. The lady at my Western Union office told me that's very risky for transferring money into that region of the world, she definitely did not recommend that. So this is no option for me even with lesser shipping costs.

Anyway, thanks for the information! Where do you live?

newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-16-2017 at 11:57 AM

I don't have any credit cards and decided not to get one just for this deal . . . No further use for credit cards . . . Anyway, shipping to Europe obviously works!

newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2017 at 04:06 AM

Hello Al3Oud!

One question yet - did you have to pay anything for customs?

Matthias
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-8-2017 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Al3Oud  
Quote: Originally posted by newlife_ks  
Hello, I did not have to pay a customs fee in Spain.

on that books there are no custom fees, but nomally you should have payed the VAT.
Sometimes this happens that the customs do not ask for this.

Matthias

Matthias Wagner
lutes - ouds - guitars & music-strings onlineshop
http://www.lutes-strings.de ( instruments )
http://www.music-strings.de ( strings )
http://www.facebook.com/Matth.Wagner
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ 9th Oriental music-summeracademy 1.8. - 4. 8. 2019
+ http://www.oriental-music-summeracademy.de
+ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WC3bzeF38yuVfMGB8T1Vg/videos
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-8-2017 at 09:43 AM

Hello!

Today my long journey to get this new oud method finally ended. A friend of mine was so kind to make the payment to hawamusic via his Visa Card. I can only say those books are worth every dollar invested! But I can definitely not recommend trying the Sainte Rafqa Institute way who are the publishers of Charbel's books. They try to sell via maronite fathers in their communities, my experiences with them were very unsatisfying, resulting in nothing.
Hawamusic was very fast, I ordered last saturday, and today, on thursday, I had my books in Germany. I highly recommend Hawamusic to other interested players!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top