Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nahat ouds
mawoud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 10:45 PM
Nahat ouds

Hi everybody,
Last Summer I went to an art gallery shop in Lebanon and found few ouds in there and some Nahat ones. I took as many pictures as I could. I'm going back to Lebanon this June and I'm definitelly going to bring at least one of those great ouds with me. Unfortunatelly last Summer I couldn't buy any of those ouds because my budget was low and the seller was asking high prices for those ouds, one of them reached $6000 and no one was below $1500. This time I decided I have to have one of those ouds. By the way, they are all in great shape.
I'm posting this add here to see whether one of you oud lovers would be interested in owning such a great oud.
To see the pictures I was able to take go to http://www.photoisland.com the username is stuff1 and the password is abdo
By the way most of those 6 ouds were made by Abdo and I think one was made by George Nahat.
P.S. there are 6 Nahat ouds numbered from 1 to 6 and some of the ouds has more than one picture
nadir
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 08:39 AM

be careful though, be suspicious when you are getting a nahat, its too good to be true; especially with all the fake ones going around!
mawoud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 09:15 PM

Thank you Nadir for your concern. I know that and I will be careful.
Take care.
Nader
Alan
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mellow Yellow

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 06:35 AM

Wow, nice photos. The wood with bone center rosette in a couple of those pics looks almost like my 1902 Hana Nahat. It would be nice to also see the inside picture. They all look like nice old ouds.
mawoud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 04:13 PM

Thank you Alan,
they are actually nice ouds. When I go to Lebanon I'll try to take better picturesthat show more details and I'll post them for all oud lovers. I'll also gather more information on the year they were made.
Thanks
Adel
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-28-2004 at 10:11 AM
nahat

oud number 5 looks to me as it could be a nahat.
Adel

Go To Top