Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ebay ouds
Hosam
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-18-2007 at 08:09 PM
ebay ouds

Check out this oud on ebay with shipping cost of US $1,179.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maurice-Shehata-Palisander-Professional-Egyptia...

The starting bid of the oud is US $9.90 to lure potential victims to place a bid if the shipping cost went unnoticed.

I am really sick of all this, new oud dealers found their way to the forums posing as regular members trying to redirect traffic to their ebay stores by offering a friendly advice, alarming number of fake “antique” ouds, and finally $1,179.00 for shipping. I do not really know what is next.

I think we should really boycott such dealers, create a new oud buying guide thread that will be a sticky on the top of the Buy & Sell Ouds forum with all the respected luthiers and dealers that we know of. I realize that there are so many threads discussed the same topic but it seams that this question keep coming back especially from new comers to the wonderful world of oud.
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 3-19-2007 at 05:46 AM

Hi Hosam,

Thanks man for bringing up this issue, I have recently emailed this guys through their ebay shop and they've replied to me the info I'd requsted quick in details.
as I know nile shop is the best platform for buying master Maurice Shehata products, I was wondering if they're a trusted sellers or not but looking at your post now its a bit fishy to ask for $1.179.00 for shipping, when you can deal directly with Maurice and probably get the oud for much more less than the shipping costs they're asking for.

I hope Mike can help in advising us of the best channel of contacts to Maurice, I am now unsure if Nile shop is still the direct access to Maurice's merchendise.

best regards to all,

Awad
hakeem.ram
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ouding my time away

[*] posted on 3-19-2007 at 07:11 AM

I saw that too a few days ago and was kinda disgusted by it. They are targeting on people who bid and overlook the shipping price assuming that shipping is like normal standard prices. Really puts to question the clean and transparent business ethics of these people.
rebetostar
Oud Maniac

Mood: Ajam Ushayran

[*] posted on 3-19-2007 at 07:55 AM
Nice eBay oud?

Hey speaking of eBay ouds, this one looks rather nice (certain details look familiar from nice ouds I've seen on this forum) and also looks like it will go for a smokin' deal:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Oud-Instrument-Middle-Eastern-Lute_W0QQitemZ2600...

I'd bid on it but the wife will be mad if I buy another oud, so I thought I'd give you all the heads up.
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 3-19-2007 at 08:27 AM

ineed a very nice oud, but no way I'll never buy oud from ebay>>>>

Go To Top