Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud tailpieces
tylertaydog
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-20-2007 at 01:28 AM
Oud tailpieces

Hi, this is the first time I've logged in and I have a couple questions. I bought a Oud about 2 weeks ago off EBay for my son, he's 17, but if it's got strings he'll play it. It is basicaly sound, the back and neck exactly the same as Samirs. It had a plywood fingerboard painted with a pea<b>rooster</b> , the tailpiece was off a Statacaster with a homemade bridge, all now removed, someone has also fitted frets to it. Here's the questions, I've got a nice chunk of ebony and one of mahogany, I'm capable of making a tailpiece, removing and replacing the face of the neck, what should I use for which? Also could I use ebony for the nut which is too low? Last but not least has anyone got a good picture or drawing of a tailpiece that fits next to the sound hole.
Thank's in anticipation,
Roger.
Hagop
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-20-2007 at 08:56 PM

Hi Tyler,

Welcome to the forum! Are you saying the oud you purchased had parts from a Stratocaster guitar? If there are frets on it, its not going to sound or play anything like an oud. Could you post a photo of this instrument? This would allow the masters on this forum to get a look at what you're talking about.
excentrik
Oud Junkie

Mood: Now Here, Nowhere...

[*] posted on 3-22-2007 at 08:07 PM

tailpiece? you mean pick guard? frets? homemade bridge? interesting buy you got there, roger PLEASE post some pics- I gotta see this-

tarik

Go To Top