MARTAN
Oud Addict

Mood: LOOKING FOR NEW HORZIONS

[*] posted on 5-16-2007 at 09:03 PM
INFO NEEDED

HI TO ALL MEMBERS
I HAVE JUST ACQUIRED A "AHMED ABDOUL HALIM EGYPTIAN OUD
"ACCORDING TO THE LABEL INSIDE " SECOND HAND AND NOT IN A TO BAD CONDITION
IT WILL NEED A LITTLE TIME AND MONEY SPENT ON IT IS THERE BY ANY CHANCE DOES ANY MEMBER HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE MAKER
I THINK HIS WORKSHOP IS IN CAIROE ,EGYPT
REGARDS TO ALL MEMBERS
MARTIN:cool:
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 5-17-2007 at 07:28 AM

hey martan
Ma ya"niam?

ok this is the way the make goes i think . his ouds are bascily made mass productive they keep makign to make money, they are really hit or miss, i have 2 made by him andthey were both a hit they sound great and i am happy with them . some of them have very thick faces so u have to watch out for it , i know that i have the exact same oud and modal that ahmed quseem played the adani master, so there not that bad.
where did u get it in israel and how much you pay . if you dont mind me asking ,
can u post a pic of front and back
kol tov
sammy

we are lost camels in the desert and wanna find our way to water and the water is in aden
MARTAN
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-17-2007 at 11:06 PM

Sammy Shalom
The bad news is I am in London till 23rd of this month so I cant sent you and pics till I get back to Eilat.
Would you belive I found the oud in Eilat from a guy who lives near me he is a oud player from Morroco.Learnt from his farther..unbleavable luck for me ,as i now have somebody in eilat who is on the same wave lenght.
He has a collection of 5 ouds.
I paid
him 100$ he wanted 200 but it needs a little work on it cleaning ect,ect but all the strings are new and the the final sound is just what I have been looking for. Shabbat shalom Martin:cool::cool:
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 5-18-2007 at 02:27 PM

hey martan

tov ma"od I am very happy for you man i really am , is funny because i was on my mapeset in ramat beit shemesh and i was playing out around midnight and someone yells achi you playing the oud, and i found out later he was a teacher the bad part was i found this out the night i left for the year. if i would have known i would have got lessons from him he was accually very good player,
anyway i would love to see the oud you got and be " emeritz hashem i will be in israel in december and i plan to take my brother to eilat for 2 days so maybe we can met up and havea a hafla bye the water i knwo a good resturant,
anyway i would love to see yr oud and when you get back to eretz Yisraoel post a pic.
safe jorney
thx sammy
shaboth sholem

we are lost camels in the desert and wanna find our way to water and the water is in aden
MARTAN
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-24-2007 at 09:08 PM
info needed

Sammy Ma Ya "yanim"booka tov
Enclosed are a couple of pictures after my restoration.
I am really happy with the instrument,but a little more work is needed ie;filler on the face board ect,ect
but it souds good.
Had to re string 1 and 2 (broke on re tuning)but otherwise a great purchase.
I now have 2 ouds in the family 1 Arbic tuned and 1 Turkish tuned.The turkish oud will need some work on it ,but I am learning about hide glue and laquers ect ,40 deg today must keep the humiderfier on other wise big TROUBLE
S/Shalom Martin:cool::cool:

Go To Top