Printable Version  
Author: Subject: OUD teahcer in Lebanon
kuharido
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 04:37 AM
OUD teahcer in Lebanon

Hi guys ,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any excellent oud teachers in lebanon ? Specifically in the bierut area . I asked around and found a couple , but i'd like to know if anyone in here knows someone . Thanks !

Happy ouding !
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 05:18 AM

Hi

Ive seen photos at Nazih Ghadban website showing some oudist playing the Oud-I reckon if you can contact Mr Nazih Ghadban and ask him regarding this matter he would be able to help you. A lot of professional oud player in Lebanon use his Oud.

Regards
kuharido
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 09:41 AM

Zulkarnain ....... excellent idea ! thanks , i emailed Mr.Ghadban , i'll wait and see , cant wait to start =D . I am orignally a guitar player , so my fingers are somewhat on the way , and picking is ready too , i need to change a few things .

By the way , anyone know anythign about instrument injury ? I know all this warmp up , and strecthing things .. etc etc to prevent injury , but i only learned of it after it happens , i developed a painful ganglion from guitar playing . I was wondering if anyone has any experience with suh an issue , i know of ganglion treatment options , but i hear the recurrence rate is high , and i dont want to do surgery either . The strings on oud are much lighter in tension , so maybe this is not an issue with oud players .
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 06:07 PM

Hi

Im an ex-guitar player too..one thing for sure you will not having major problem starting the Oud! Injury wise I cant comment much but Im sure too much of playing the oud wont harm you at all :D

Regards
hisham
Oud Addict

Mood: Mesalten

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 05:37 AM

Hi

i also used to play flamenco guitar.....but i strted playing the oud and i did not find any problems at all.

for the teachers i only know one teacher ... his name is Shakeeb Hamadah...he is from the old generation ... I want to start with him soon .

what about the other two teachers you know?
kuharido
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 10:35 AM

Hahah , hisham , Shakeeb is the teacher whoose i was recommended by someone (shaheen music shop) , i live in bliss street , he is near Gallery Sim3an , but i guess its ok , since i will probably take lessons once a week .

The other options are conservatory (7 years for a oud degree , too much , i dont want that kind of thing) , and there is a music shop (Antoun) , a oud player teaches there , but i think i'll go with Shakeeb .
hisham
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 11:09 AM

hehehe..
i also got shakeebs number from shaheen.
I went once to his home and he played some farid taqseem for me.

By the way i really dont like Antoun .

You live on bliss .... you are really close to me.. i live in Manara... I go to AUB .. may be we can meet some day .
kuharido
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 11:18 AM

Dude ... i dont like Antoun at all !! I thought i'd hide the fact here on the forums but ugh !

Also , i study at AUB too =) (Actually i live in its dorms too) , 2nd Year Computer Science . How is Shakeeb ? Cool guy ? Good player ? Good teacher ?

Oh hang on wait ... i just realised something when i saw your location Lebanon/Jeddah ... dude are you the Hisham that i know ? He/you also plays flamenco guitar , saudi , tall , glasses , what else , Business . I'm Khalid Man ! (Glasses too , saudi)
hisham
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 11:24 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahah

yup its me:D:D:D:D:D

man shakeeb is cool ..... I want to start with him as soon as possible
kuharido
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 11:30 AM

Haha , cool . I was hoping you'd reply now so i rechecked , this is becoming chat now .

By the way Hisham , can i learn on one of shakeeb's ouds ? Or do i need to get one ? Cause i bought i really cheap one , but it sucks , sound/playablity . I dont want to buy any cheap ouds anymore , so i am waiting to go to Egypt in the summer (if i go there) and get one from there . Where did you get yours from ?

Anyways i hope to see you soon . And happy playing !
hisham
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 11:37 AM

Man you have to bring your oud with you....

Man you dont have to go all the way to egypt to get an oud.

in Jeddah you can find all kinds of oud you want.. Fathi Ameen, Al Aseel" mourice Shehata" , Sayed Fathi Ameen.
If you want i can tell you where.

I got my frist from jeddah it is made by Sayed Fathi Ameen its not bad for biggeners ...actually its not bad at all i really like it , Then i bought another one made by his father Fathi .It is very nice .

I have them both here in leb ... May be i can show them to you one day
kuharido
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 11:45 AM

Alright that would be cool , we'll talk about it . And i am not going to Egypt just for a Oud , the Oud is just if i am there =) . Ciao

Go To Top