Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How to pack my oud for delivery?
peppeo77
Oud Junkie

Mood: easy like ever

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 05:34 AM
How to pack my oud for delivery?

Hi guys, I'm asking the help of the ones of yours that have already experienced the shipping of an oud. I must delivery one of my ouds from Rome to Florence in a soft case, and I'm wondering how to pack it properly to avoid damagements due to the delivery (I'm sending it via DHL). I'm thinking about wrapping it very tight with the pluriball plastic paper, put it in the soft case, wrap it again, put everything in a hard carton box and full it with bubbles and cartons to not let the oud move inside the package. Do you think it's a good idea? Have you got any suggestions about? Many thanks guys, Giuseppe.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 07:13 AM

Giusseppe- sounds like a good start to packing that oud, plenty of bubble wrap and packing material around her in a good STRONG box should help. Good to keep the oud from moving around in the box . You might want to contact Haluk Eraydin, (http://www.eraydinsazevi.com.tr) a Turkish maker who packs his ouds fantastically in a crate, he might have some tips to offer. One thing he does is he places a wooden cross bar under the neck of the oud in a manner that keeps if from shifting around and stable in a good position.
Elias
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oudy

[*] posted on 7-27-2007 at 08:54 AM

CIao Peppeo...
ma.... posso chiederti quanto spendi con la DHL?....e se si tratta di una spedizione per vendita o per riparazione.?..
puoi anche rispondermi in privato...
cmq...una volta ho ricevuto un oud via aerea solo con il cartone..un saccco di polistirolo e la soft case....e tale oud è sempre con me vivo e vegeto..........credo che se l'imballo è fatto con intelligenza può andar bene anche qualcosa di non eccessivamente paranoico.....credo che ciò che tu dici sia più che sufficiente....
ma questo è solo il mio umile punto di vista....
CIao
ELias

Go To Top