Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I'm building an oud
nadir
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 11:41 AM
I'm building an oud

Hey guys, there is this new club at school and they are basically a workshop for people that want to make expensive projects, such as museum replica furniture... I decided that I'm going to build an oud!

Sounds a little crazy considering that I'm a teenager and everything but my teacher is able to guide me every step of the way. Ghazi is also going to build an oud as well.

I think that with school and work I should complete this is a distant future, haha. But, I think it will work out, not only with the help of my teacher but everyone in this forum!

We've ordered Brazilian cedar and rosewood, but we don't know if it will come here soon. If it doesn't then we'll order some wood from somewhere else...

The oud that I have in mind is a Syrian model. Anyways, thanks for everything that you all have done!
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 03:09 PM
Oud Construction Book

http://www.droud.com/book.htm

Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 07:17 PM

Hi

Dr Oud-Im wondering if you can do a repair on one of my Oud?Please let me know if ok.

Regards
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zulkarnain
Hi

Dr Oud-Im wondering if you can do a repair on one of my Oud?Please let me know if ok.

Regards

I need your postal code to get an estimate for the shipping cost from/to your location. You can email me at: help@droud.com.
An alternative would be to purchase my book and take it with your oud to a violin or guitar repair shop. The repair technician should be able to follow the specifications to make repairs. You could then ask me for any clarifiction or detail instructions.

posted by Zulkarnain
"I try to me mail u at the add u gave but seems unlucky to get through..I live in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and just need to find out regarding your charges etc. "

The shipping companies require a postal code to estimate shipping charges. I cannot estimates repair charges without detailed descriptions and close up pictures of the problem(s). The estimate is not binding until I receive the oud first hand. If you are unable to connect to the email address try any email links on my website:
http://www.droud.com
You can also enter your email in one of the request submit forms.

Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 09:02 PM

Hi

I try to me mail u at the add u gave but seems unlucky to get through..I live in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and just need to find out regarding your charges etc.

Thank you
nadir
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 09:27 AM

How much would it cost to send me the Oud Construction book to Dubai, U.A.E. using the fastest shipping method??
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-15-2004 at 12:14 PM

Could you guys please contact me through the website submit form or email. I don't feel that it's appropriate to conduct business using Mike's website. thank you.
http://www.droud.com
sales@droud.com

Go To Top