Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud events in England and Scotland
peppeo77
Oud Junkie

Mood: easy like ever

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 06:58 AM
Oud events in England and Scotland

Hi folks!
I'm travelling around England and Scotland from next Sunday for a couple of weeks. Anybody knows about oud events in that time in London, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Aberdeen, Durham, Edinburgh, Inverness, Glasgow? Please let me know...and for people living in the UK: this summer has been hot like in Italy, what about UK? I need suggestion for what to put in my suitcase...
Cheers everybody, Peppeo.
Pascal
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 07:19 AM

Hi Peppeo,

Unfortunately, I can't help you with any event schedules, but certainly would be interested too if anybody knew of anything scheduled around my neck of the woods.

Summer here was basically yesterday. The day before was still spring, and today is already autumn-like. FYI, I'm somewhere between Cambridge and York, and temperatures these days are around 20 degrees, which is nice, but does not really feel like summer if you're a Mediterranean. It's been sunny for 1-2 weeks now, but this summer has also been the most rainy ever in the country, so make sure you check the forecast before you fly.

cheers,

Pascal.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:20 AM

Hi guys- I suggest you contact these players for more info-

Ahmed Mukhtar- excellent player and teaches at SOAS in London: ahmed AT amukhtar.com :)

Attab Haddad- young and gifted player, London based:
attabhaddad AT hotmail.com :)

and you might catch Sameer Makhoul who may still be in London ( he was here for a few weeks): sameer.makhoul AT gmail.com :)

If anything oud is going in or near London they would know.

As for how to dress- well English weather is totally unpredictable my friends. Cairo it ain't! It may be hot, it may be cool, it may rain, it may thunder...hey that sounds like a good song in the making! So besides the t-shirts,shorts and sunglasses, have a long sleeve shirt and a light jacket, maybe a waterproof one in case of rain, and a cap :D
Jack_Campin
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 04:37 PM

The Palestinian group El Funoun are touring the UK this month - they're in Edinburgh this coming weekend.

We've had alternate days of bright hot sunshine and drenching icy rain for the last week or so.

Go To Top