Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud shopping - Dubai
oudmad
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-16-2007 at 01:02 PM
Oud shopping - Dubai

I plan to visit Dubai for a couple of weeks this coming November. Sometime back (months?) I remember an oud player on this forum shared with us his shopping experience in Dubai and showed impressive pictures of the oud store he visited. I need advice on buying an oud (I can afford up to $600.00). Would I get value for my money in Dubai? What do you recommend at that price? I would also greatly appreciate details of the store or any other store in the area. Many thanks for your help and suggestions. Eid kareem.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 10-16-2007 at 02:15 PM

it was in Abu Dhabi.
its called oud heaven.
dubai244
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-17-2007 at 08:43 AM

Hi OudMad,

There are two famous music shops in Dubai:
1. In Crown plaza hotel-shoping moal, Sheikh Zayed road, First Floor, i dont know the Shop name, but it is huge one, and you will get what you need there with good quality. You can "Barging" so they will reduce the price.

2. Al-Sadek Music Shop, Mina Al-Salaam hotel-shoping moal, They have good ouds too and cheaper than the Crown Plaza one ....

There are other music shops, but they sell guitars,accessries, Sound System, wires mics ........ But not ouds, Have a look any way.

In Sharjah, There are 3 music shops, next to each other:
1. Aaalam Al-Fan "Art of the world" music shops. Located at the "Al-Wahda Road", it is the first major road in Sharjah. they have good quality ouds.

2. "Jawharat Salmeen" Music shop, Next to Aaalam Al-fan. I heared they changed the name of the shop recently, But still there. They have good oud quality.

3.Behind the Building of "Jawharat Salmeen" Music, There is main road as well, i dont know what they call it. Any way, there is music shop as well. But if you want my advise, dont even bother to go ......Bad quality and unbelievable prices !!. Have a look if you are interested.

In Abu-Dhabi:
I have no ideal, Last time i was there, 10 years ago may be.

For Contact Numbers: Ask the hotel you stay in and they will get it for you from Yellow pages or Comm Company operator .... etc very easy.

Welcome to Dubai, If you want us to meet, Send Email please.

Thanks
fyenix
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-17-2007 at 10:48 AM

i was in dubai/abu dhabi couple of months back my advise try to avoid el turath oud shop (oud heaven) in abu dhabi nothing but a bunch of crap fake oud (mainly a bad copies of fawzy minshed's oud) i bought an oud at al sadek mina el salam though their collection are very limited to choose from (mainly made by salmeen el kuwaiti)
dubai244
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-17-2007 at 11:52 AM

Hi,

I heared about the fake ouds in Abu-Dhabi, so becareful. We dont really have
orginal oud such as Nahat or Moh.Fadel .....etc in UAE. So becareful.

My advise guys, Buy oud from the source - Oud Makers-, better than spending money here and there.

Thanks
oudmad
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-19-2007 at 06:41 AM

[

Many thanks to all of you for your help and especially Dubai 244 for the detailed information. I look forward to meeting Dubai 244 in Dubai. I will send you my e-mail. Check your U2U mailbox. Alfi shukr.
dubai244
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-20-2007 at 12:40 AM

Welcome any time, i will be waitting for your email.

Go To Top