Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Unique Iraqi OUDS
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

Mood: Sunbati Obsession

light.gif posted on 12-3-2007 at 01:48 PM
Unique Iraqi OUDS

Dear All,
Here are some seriously unique piece of art ouds available for sale, all are of top quality and highly professional, some of which have been with me for a long time and some are new comers to the collection.
The ouds are:
1. Ali Abdali oud. (SOLD)
2. Fawzi Munshid oud. (SOLD)

Interested buyers, please email me at oud.proff@gmail.com
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 01:55 PM
Ali Abdali OUD - SOLD

This is a highly professional and unique oud, made by the talented luthier Ali Abdali of Baghdad/Iraq, in 2002. The soundbox is made of 3 types of wood: Sandal, Walnut, and Beech, and is inlayed with amazingly beautiful wooden decorations…. so is the face and the fingerboard.

The oud beauty simply speaks for itself !. This very oud makes an ideal oud for a concert type professional player !

Dimensions:
Soundbox length: 49cm (19.6")
Soundbox width: 37cm (14.8")
Soundbox depth: 19cm (7.6")
Fingerboard length: 19.5cm (7.8")
String length (from nut to bridge): 60cm (24")
Bridge Style: Fixed
The oud is designed to house 6 pairs of strings
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 02:07 PM
Fawzi Munshid OUD

A highly professional and rare oud by the famous Fawzy Munshid of Basra/Irag, made in 1990.
The soundbox is made of Indian Rosewood (Sisam). The design of the soundbox is pretty simple and abstract, but amazingly unique.
Dimensions:
Soundbox length: 48cm (19.2")
Soundbox width: 38cm (15.2")
Soundbox depth: 19cm (7.6")
Fingerboard length: 19cm (7.6")
Bridge Style: Floating Bridge, 6 course

Fawzi Munshid oud price is 1350 US (+S&H).
Sazi
Oud Junkie

Mood: مبتهج ; ))

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 02:17 PM

Fawzi Mmm...If I were a rich man...:D Damn! I've got a bad case of Iraqi Ouditis...:)

http://www.youtube.com/Sazi369

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazi
Fawzi Mmm...If I were a rich man...:D Damn! I've got a bad case of Iraqi Ouditis...:)

Dear Sazi,

Man you crack me up :D......Iraqi ouditis :D. Can't blame ya though.....I've got this syndrome for so many years now !!! Those hot ouds just keep coming my way all the time...like a magnet :shrug:
Your oud is superb mate.....so maybe it's rather an Indian Rosewood"itis" ;)
Regards,
O.P.
Sazi
Oud Junkie

Mood: مبتهج ; ))

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 02:37 PM

Yup! I'm a sick boy!:) Can't wait to get a really advanced syndrome, like you!:D:D:D

Surely, too many beautiful oud's could never be enough!:D

http://www.youtube.com/Sazi369

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 12-3-2007 at 08:47 PM

Hey man

my 21 b day just past , and i got a b day present from everyone on this forum except you so i think you should wrape one up and send it my way lol and i will forgive you hehehe:D
omg great stuff here the onle i liek the most is Ali Abdali OUD
it flows just right and i lvoe the darkness of it .
good luck selling them except the one that is coming my way ;)
thx sammy

we are lost camels in the desert and wanna find our way to water and the water is in aden
excentrik
Oud Junkie

Mood: Now Here, Nowhere...

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 04:44 AM

love that abdali. man, what a beauty- wish i had the extra loot...

tarik
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 11:40 AM

Sazi, you're absolutely right. An oud lover can never get enough ouds. In fact I'm forced to let go of some of those ouds, wife nagging......space limitation....financial responsibilities.... you know :(.

Well Sammy (oudplayer), HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU man !. Happy 21, and may you live happily to reach 100. I don't know about sending one of those ouds on this occasion, but I sure can send you 21 beautiful candles :). I'll send you something though when you are 22 ;)

Well Sammy and Tarik (excentrik), YES indeed, the Abdali oud is a real work of art. When I first saw it with it's previous owner (an oudist/singer) who personally got it (custom-made) from the Iraqi luthier, I just couldn't take my eyes off of it !!! ..... I mean...man look at the ribs and the wood work on that thing !! really beautiful. Seriously, one of the nicest ouds I've ever seen.
zou
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 01:31 PM

hi oud prof
i send you a you to you
ziad
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-5-2007 at 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zou
hi oud prof
i send you a you to you
ziad

Hi Ziad,

Replied via U2U yesterday.

Regards
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 10:36 AM

The Fawzy is very nice and the same model Naseer Shamma played on the early years!

Best wishes

Ronny
zalzal
Oud Junkie

Mood: still alive

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 11:08 AM

Ronny, in the photo you posted in Advice, Tips, & Questions section, in the thread started by MatthewW Ouds for Women, the lady plays a Fawzi Munshid oud...isn't it??

Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronny Andersson
The Fawzy is very nice and the same model Naseer Shamma played on the early years!

Yes Ronny, ideed in was. In a recent TV interview with Naseer he pointed out that his current (recent) oud however was made by Foad Jihad.

By the way, what an awsome Fawzi Munshid oud you've got there Ronny ;)

Thanks.
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-11-2007 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oud.Proff
Quote:

Yes Ronny, ideed in was. In a recent TV interview with Naseer he pointed out that his current (recent) oud however was made by Foad Jihad.

By the way, what an awsome Fawzi Munshid oud you've got there Ronny ;)

Thanks.

Thanks! I have two of his most recent model and some years ago I had Nasser's personal Fawzy oud repaired by an Italian lute maker. I was not aware that Naseer's recent oud is by Foad Jihad! a big surprise...I only knew he been using Yaroubs ouds for years.

Best wishes

Ronny
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 04:02 AM

Hi Ronny,
Interesting to own Naseer's very oud, pretty sure.
Yes, in that TV interview (LBC) a year ago or so he spoke of Foad Jihad more of as a friend than a luthier actually, and stated that Foad promised to send him a "very special oud" as a present. I'm not sure which oud is it, but I noticed he played a very "blackish" (soundbox) oud, and I don't know if it's that one or that was Yaroub's.

By the way, I noticed that the soundbox of almost all Fawzi Munshid ouds are pretty abstract (and mostly Indian Rosewood) without any inlay or lemon/line separators on the bowl. Are those recent oud aquisitions of yours falling in the same design ?!

All the best.
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-15-2007 at 02:11 AM

Quote:
Hi Ronny,
Interesting to own Naseer's very oud, pretty sure.
Yes, in that TV interview (LBC) a year ago or so he spoke of Foad Jihad more of as a friend than a luthier actually, and stated that Foad promised to send him a "very special oud" as a present. I'm not sure which oud is it, but I noticed he played a very "blackish" (soundbox) oud, and I don't know if it's that one or that was Yaroub's.

By the way, I noticed that the soundbox of almost all Fawzi Munshid ouds are pretty abstract (and mostly Indian Rosewood) without any inlay or lemon/line separators on the bowl. Are those recent oud aquisitions of yours falling in the same design ?!

All the best.

Hi Oud.Proff, Yes the design is the same and most times made of very dark wood and then it is dyed. I know many find his ouds little bit on the ¨wierd¨side when it comes to design with batman and a death mask but I dont mind so long his ouds have the sound I like. I had Nasser's oud restored by an Italian lute maker and we made just a new soundboard. The old soundboard had a severe depression at the bridge.

Best wishes

Ronny
ahmed2006
Oud Admirer

thumbdown.gif posted on 12-15-2007 at 08:16 AM
Fawzi seal his oud 1100+200 shipping

Quote:
Here is an audio file of Fawzi Munshid OUD

Dear OudProff. thanks for your ouds collecation, but your price is very high- for example if we buy a new oud from the Fawzi Munshid it will cost 1300 with shipping. and the oud is from sesam.. and you have old one and want to seal it for 1350 US (+S&H). this mean about 1600 US.. and Fawzi seal the same oud but new with 1100+200 shipping = 1300 US.
Quote:
Here is an audio file of Fawzi Munshid OUD
ahmed2006
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-15-2007 at 08:18 AM

Dear OudProff. thanks for your ouds collecation, but your price is very high- for example if we buy a new oud from the Fawzi Munshid it will cost 1300 with shipping. and the oud is from sesam.. and you have old one and want to seal it for 1350 US (+S&H). this mean about 1600 US.. and Fawzi seal the same oud but new with 1100+200 shipping = 1300 US.
Please just thinking in your prices.. with my best wishes.
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-15-2007 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ahmed2006
Please just thinking in your prices.. with my best wishes.

Well Fawzy have always been using Indian Rosewood for his ouds and the one for sale here is made of the same wood as the ones from his current production. This oud here is also a early work of Fawzy and is not easy to find a well preserved Bashir model by any maker when they many times have structural weakness and is a risk involved to deal with these ouds. When you find a Bashir model that have some years and I have passed the first crucial months and not least years of playing then is that oud many times worth the money more than a brand new.
Fawzys Bashir model is not so ¨reinforced¨ like most other makers prefer to do their instruments and that is a key also to the incredible sound that Fawzy produce; a resonant, breathing ¨sparkling¨ Bashir oud!

Best wishes

Ronny
hamed
Oud Junkie

Mood: Iss'al rouhak

[*] posted on 12-15-2007 at 01:31 PM

I aquired Fawzys phone number from Ahmed Mukhtar last year, and have been trying to reach him ever since, but the phone always rings and no one ever answers. Is he even located in Basra anymore? I thought with all the unrest in that area he would have relocated for sure.
I personally like the sound of his ouds better than any other floating bridge oud maker even though i've never owned one of his ouds

Hamed
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-16-2007 at 02:43 AM

My very dear ahmed2006,

Thanks for posting your concern twice already (with the thumb down !) :). Although I feel like I know you already, here is my reply to your concern:
I very carefully collect my ouds, as you may have noticed, top quality ones. The overwhilming majority of those ouds come from a very volatile region of the world nowadays, so you can imagine how hard it is to get hold of such beuties, and pieces of art !.
Now, the way I personally buy those ouds is either directly from the maker (mostly) or through well known oud artists out there. This very oud belonged actually to a fine Iraqi artist, and the moment I saw the oud I just couldn't resist "love at first sight" !. Well, that's the case with almost all my ouds :)
I'm not in a position to speak about the price of the oud from it's maker at this point, but I can tell you it actually costs more than you said for starters, and I believe shipping is limited only to few places around the world, for your information. The other thing is that I paid 1300 US$ to buy it in the first place. See, I never under-value such work of art at all. As a matter of fact, this is a rare oud, perfect sound quality- a Bashir style and shear beauty design.

One more thing, everyone knows for a fact that the value of "Unique" ouds goes up with time, just like wine my friend ;). Of course, this doesn't mean at all that time will make a bad oud become good !. But this is an excellent oud, and to me it's an awsome aged Fawzi Munshid oud, and has a great sentimental value to who ever appreciate it !.

After all, this is the oud market my dear. Just the other day, a Stradivarius violin was sold in an auction for 15 million US$, and I never blame the buyer !! He saw in that violin what probably most of us (at least I) didn't see !. At the end, "Beauty Lies in the Eyes of the Beholder" ;)

Best regards,
O.P.
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-16-2007 at 08:05 AM

I can only agree with you O.P.!

Best wishes

Ronny
Oud Freak
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Jerk :)

[*] posted on 12-16-2007 at 11:38 AM

I like the batman comparison, I totally agree.
Iraqi ouds are forbidden to go out from iraq because they are considered as a "national treasure" (not the movie, lol).
1)Is this law still in force in Iraq?
2)And how was the oud traffic done, so a oud can go out of the Iraqi border?
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-18-2007 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
I can only agree with you O.P.!

Dear Ronny,

Thanks for your objective and candid opinion, particularly coming from an experienced peson in the oud world.

Best wishes !
O.P.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top