Author: Subject: Unique Iraqi OUDS
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

Mood: Sunbati Obsession

[*] posted on 12-18-2007 at 12:54 AM

Hi OudFreak:

Quote:

1)Is this law still in force in Iraq?
2)And how was the oud traffic done, so a oud can go out of the Iraqi border?

1. I'm not sure, but I doubt it nowadays.

2. I've been dealing with old time Iraqi luthiers for a long while now (as a long term customer), they somewhat arrange the "trafficking" of those ouds, apprently through "risk-taker" drivers !. But for the most part, I get them from great oud artists, particularly when I hear them played live in concerts or parties.
===================

Just an update:
Both the Abdali and Fawzi Munshid ouds are now SOLD.
The Fadel oud is now available for sale on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:M...

Thanks,
O.P.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Abdelaal
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-29-2007 at 09:29 AM

I am also with OudProff, i bought from him a Iraqi oud, and this oud is has a fantastic sound, thanks OudProf for your help. with my best wishes. Abdelaal
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-29-2007 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Abdelaal
I am also with OudProff, i bought from him a Iraqi oud, and this oud is has a fantastic sound, thanks OudProf for your help. with my best wishes. Abdelaal

Dear Abdelaal,

I only know 2 Abdelaals, one in Rayya & Skeenah play, and the other I sold an oud to. So I think I've narrowed it down pretty well :)

Thanks for sharing your thought my dear.......could it be the good weather in Scandanavia these days?? :shrug:
Me thinks NOT :wavey:

O.P.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
spartan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 04:34 AM

I bought Fawzi's oud lately, the one that sold OudProff.

I think it's not the best way to buy an instrument via the net, but if you cant travel to Iraq or to a country nearby, you cant have one.

I must admit that OudProff was 1000 % reliable. What you pay is what you get (received at home on a hard wooden box plus a hard oud case) and what you get is amazing!

I have never played an oud like that !
The oud is Bashir-style and it was tuned F A D G C F (from bass to treble) but I prefer the bassy C F A D G C tuning. At both tunings the oud has amazing sound bright and equally bassy.
Oud.Proff
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-15-2008 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spartan
I bought Fawzi's oud lately, the one that sold OudProff.

I think it's not the best way to buy an instrument via the net, but if you cant travel to Iraq or to a country nearby, you cant have one.

I must admit that OudProff was 1000 % reliable. What you pay is what you get (received at home on a hard wooden box plus a hard oud case) and what you get is amazing!

I have never played an oud like that !
The oud is Bashir-style and it was tuned F A D G C F (from bass to treble) but I prefer the bassy C F A D G C tuning. At both tunings the oud has amazing sound bright and equally bassy.

Dear spartan,

Thanks man. Actually I got very anxious when I heard about the earthquake in the news !!. But it was a happy ending after all :)

Enjoy the oud my friend !
Regards,
O.P.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top