Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Eraydin and Sandi comparison
norumba
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2004 at 03:15 PM
Eraydin and Sandi comparison

I just received my Eraydin, and have been asked to share some thoughts regarding it and my Sandi:

Its hard to compare, the Eraydin and the Sandi are very very different. i dont think one can say one is better, but only different sound. I think the Sandi, being a little older and played more, is a bit more open, more bold - but I think this is time.

I am playing the Eraydin mainly now, to "break it in" and to develop the sound. its very very well made. The sandi has more of a throat sound, more midrange, and the Eraydin is a bit brighter, but also good low end - mids not as pronounced. Eraydin an overall "tighter" sound, but focussed. Great sustain, too, more than the Sandi i think.
It almost gives me a slight reminder of my Bashir, with the brightness, sustain, and a bit of the feel too.

it depends on what you want - I view them as being very different. I think if anything happened to either, I would replace them by each maker. the characters arent really interchangeable IMO.

if i can , early next week, ill try to record some samples of both. they both have the same maker of strings - aquilas - so that will also help.
wa salaam,
MSD

Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2004 at 08:18 PM

Hi

Thanks for sharing your opinions with us!

Salam

Go To Top