Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: risha specifications
pauldata
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 12:51 AM

PS: to the above: I have found these real horn risha to work fabulously on my 12 string acoustic guitar and mandolin... :)
billkilpatrick
Oud Junkie

Mood: what?

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 01:00 AM

risha works on my mandolin as well. not for bluegrass, however (smiley symbol) ...

risha soaked in refined olive oil (first strained then denatured by adding a bit of alcohol) will keep it supple.

abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by samzayed
abusin, how would you compare the Galli risha? Are they more like the Pyramids or the Yissi brand rishas?

Thanks for your help in advance. . .

-sam

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the lateness in replying to your questions, I actualy haven't tried the Galli risha's yet, the Yissi ones are loud and crispy and the Pyramid ones of which I like the thin one more clear than the thick Mosaic one. I will let you know when I try the Galli risha.

Best regards and seasonal greetings,

Awad
dandana
Oud Addict

Mood: observer!

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 01:16 PM

Hi folks;
This could be of some help for thoe asking about the Galli risha's. I'm actually using one of them, but its colour is dark-brown and not the same as the one shown on the post above. I'm quite satisfied with the sound knowing that it's a matter of taste first of all. The sound is not dim, and it mates good with metal strings as well as with nylon ones (although i like more its sound with metal ones). It's flexible but not too much like a caoutchouc, and its thickness could be qualified as thin-medium, since i've tried many of other risha's, mostly unknown marks. That's the reason why i can't compare it to the Pyramid one because i've never used that one.

Best regards
D
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top