wfspark
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud entranced!

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 02:52 PM
Syrian oud

Quote:
Originally posted by ch
hi i'm intersted in "serian oud "
Hello Sir. I would recommend going to http://www.dimitrisouds.com. Dimitris makes Syrian style ouds and Turkish ouds as well. His ouds are professional quality.

William F. Sparks
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

Mood: 0ud player/sing

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 03:34 PM
PLEASE ANSWER ME

HI BROTHER ..

TAKE MY ADVICE..IF YOU R LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO KEEP..
THE BEST MAKER IN DAMAS. IS FUAD HAYDER &SONS ..THEY R IN DAMAS.
YOU CAN CALL (MANSOUR) ,AT HIS CELL PHONE(094-779-187)AND TELL HIM THAT (GHASSAN BASHIR ) RECOMMENDED HIM ,AND HE WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU,NOT ONLY COZ OF ME ,BUT COZ THEY R STRAIGHT FORWARD...
I LIKE TO TELL YOU AND TELL ALL THE BROTHERS ON THIS WEB SITE WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT HIS OUDS..

%100 DRY WALNUT WOOD
%100 ACCURACY IN MEASURES.(WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS THE RIGHT DISTANCES BETWEEN STRINGS ,ALSO THE NECK THICKNESS ,PLUS A CONFORTABLE SIZE AND PRACTICAL SHAPE ..

BROTHER ..TRUST ME ,THESE GUYS KNOW WHT THEY R DOING..AND WHATS GOOD ABOUT THEM IS THEY ARE ALL PLYERS OF THE OUD ,AND I HAVE KNOWN THEM FOR 9YEARS,AND GIVING THEM SO MANY OPINIONS ,AND THEY HAVE TRIED EVERY POSSIBLE WAY TO IMPROVE ,,
JUST TELL MANSOUR THAT YOU WANT A PIECE LIKE GHASSAN BASHIR LIKES ,,

BROTHERS ..THERE ARE SO MANY SECRETES IN THIS FIELD THAT NO ONE EVER TRIED TO REVEAL IT ,MAYBE COZ THEY DONT KNOW OR THEY DONT WANT TO ...ANYWAY ,,I WILL WORK ON PREPARING AN ESSAY ABOUT THE ME AND THE OUD AND 20 TOUGH YEARS OF RUNNING,,IF YOU NEED MORE HELP YOU MAY E-MAIL ME AT / MUSICOMPOSER5@YAHOO.COM
TELL MANSOUR THAT I SAY HI TO HIM FROM VIRGINIA/U S A

ALL THE BEST TO EVERY GUEST..

GHASSAN BASHIR

0:wavey:
Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 05:20 PM

Hello Mr. Bashir,

Welcome to the forums.
I heard that you were living in Chicago. My teacher is Issa Boulos. Do you have a website yet? Would you be interested in posting some photos and sound clips of your oud by Mr. Hayder? Again, welcome. I invite you to take a look at my website below.

Salam,

Jameel

ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 09:06 PM
marhaba jameel

hi jameel
i shure would like to do so ,and i will soon as i get a chance ,dont worry ..it is not gonna take that long,just give me a chance to get them from jordan,,,

i have a whole bunch of oud photos,especialy iraqi ouds ,like mohammad fadil and his son fayeg ,i had a good relation with them ,and i used to sell there ouds ,i also had a workshop in my town in jordan,and i had one of the very best oud makers in iraq work in it but things did not workthe way i wanted it ,but i came out with one amazing piece ,and i have it in dubai at a friends house ,,anyway bro,i have a lot of stories to tell ,,wait man .you gonna see alot of surprises from me ,just let me stand on my feet,since i have been havin problems with my back 4 over 40days ..

i dont wanna talk 2much ,coz when i start talkin i never stop,and i really have lots,and heaps of stories to tell ,,
by the way ,where is your location,and was it your pic .the one i seen ,in an oud workshop ,and you a big blond guy

best regards 4 the prince and gaurds

ghassan bashir:wavey:
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 09:19 PM
jameeeeeeel man

:bounce:sorry jameel ,i didnot answer your quistion...i lived in chicago from april /03-util 10 days ago ,and am in virginia temporarily until i get better then am goin to L.A 4 few months and then going back to the mid east to record my first singing album ,dont worry u will get a copy when am done:xtreme:

take care
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 03:24 AM

Hi Ghassan

Can you tell me about the shop on the image attached?

Salam
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 03:26 AM

and this one too.

Salam
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 03:32 AM

Hi

Also can u tell us abit about the Oud and the Oud Maker.

Salam
Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 07:38 AM

Ghassan,

We look forward to hearing some of those clips and your new website. Hope your back gets better.

I think you have mistaken me for someone else. I'm not a big blonde guy. I'm dark-haired but bald. Around here we call that the "oud" hairstyle. You hairy fellows, don't be jealous now:D

Please tell us about some of your stories. Hook us up with some new oud makers. There are plenty of guys here who are interested.

Hey Zul,

Where you getting all these neat photos??

TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 11:54 AM

Ghassan, I'm interested in knowing where in L.A. you're going to be staying. There are a lot of resources here, as I'm sure you know, and I hope that you make the most of them.

TP21

wfspark
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 01:32 PM
Syrian oud.

Quote:
Originally posted by ghassan bashir
:bounce:sorry jameel ,i didnot answer your quistion...i lived in chicago from april /03-util 10 days ago ,and am in virginia temporarily until i get better then am goin to L.A 4 few months and then going back to the mid east to record my first singing album ,dont worry u will get a copy when am done:xtreme:

take care
Hello Mr Bashir. Does the oud maker you listed above have a web sight? If not, how much are his ouds? I would like to have a Syrian oud that is reputable, but I have limited funds I receive for my disability. Any help would be great. Thanks.

William F. Sparks
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 02:09 PM
zulkarnain jameel truepharaoh21

:
applause:

first of all ...is zulka a C I A ..where the hick did you get these pics from ??am going crazy ,really ..
these were taken in cairo back in 97,in front of one of the very commercial stores that sell the oud,and the reasons that made me take these shots were:

1-simply..it was cool ..it was an extraordinary view..and ......
2- it was very sad ,it was a form of irrespect to the oud,,the way they were laid on window shelves,honestly insulted me ..i always like to see the oud's head up..this uncivilized phenomena must end ..

anyway,i do not remember giving these pics to anyone..so where the hill did ya get m from zulka..cant wait till i find out ,this is gonna drive crazy ,and am already one ,,plz tell me ASAP..

:wavey:one of you guys asked about oud maker ?any particular one?
there is an ammazing one in baghdad,and i hope that he is still alive ,i have a piece of his ,and i intend to have him make me a real special collection of ouds ,his name is fuad jihad ,so well known in iraq,,he came out with a model that is real hard to make ,and am sure that we wont find some one eles who can make this modle easily,,the first time i seen this model was 10 years ago ,in amman -jordan ,by a maker called saad al tayyar,and he left to canada in that time ,
tayyar's ouds were unbelievable but ,dead sound,,guys am so sure that everyone will want to have one of those when he gets to see them ,i will try to get some pics..

answer to truepharoah..i think am gonna be in hollywood ,or orange county,,not sure yet,i will tell you when i decide,,i am sick in the mean time (back problem),and in virginia,,i will head to L A soon as i feel well

ZULKA,,JAMEEL..where r u located ,and what do u do..

zulka,whre the you got m from......:buttrock:
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 02:20 PM
mr spark/syrian oud

this maker does not have a web sute ,,
a good oud of his would cost about 400-500 bucks..but i can get you a better deal from him, when you decide ,and i will help make sure get you a real nice piece,,keep in touch at my e-mail/musicomposer5@yahoo.com

best regards:bounce:
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 02:47 PM
to mr sparks

i just found a pic of three ouds of the ones i had ,,this zulka man is skattering my pics all over the site ,,and i realy dont know where he got m from ,,,i dont know what am gonna do with this guy..anyway ,,go to the page which talks aBOUT VELOCITY and scroll down ,you will see a pic of three ouds ..the one to the lift is by fuad hayder & sons ,i sold this one to milhim barakat,,the middle one is by fayeg mohammad fadil ,,the last one was from the workshop that i had in jordan ,made by khaleel sabbar ,,

good luck
ghassan bashir
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 05:15 PM

Hey Ghassan,

Here is another surprise. I haven't updated the video page yet, but this is the latest addition. Actually, I'll do it now. :D

What can you tell us about this oud?

Take care,
Mike

Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 05:33 PM

Hi guys

Mike, its been awhile since your last "surprise" dude:D thanks for sharing! I guess I should just share the next image too huh!:D
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 06:09 PM
mike & zak

hi guys
thanks mike 4 the e-mai &the attachment,it was a real surprise..i liked it ,,but you know what,i realy dont like what i played in it ,you may add it temporarily until i prvide you with some real playing ,we will meet in california ,and i will call you ,just tell me when to call...

zak...
if am not mistaken ,i was workin on a website last year when i was in chicago,and did not finish it and i think these were some of the pic that i tried on the web,and 4 some reason ,that unfinished web site was posted by mistake ,,am i right guy,,,
well ..if you dont wanna tell me ,,mike would ..

mike guy...
that oud that i played in the clip was from the workshop that i had in jordan,i told you guys about it ,but unfortunately,it is gone,it is cryin somewhere in italy

:(ghassan bashir
TruePharaoh21
Oud Junkie

Mood: Loving the Oud

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 08:26 PM

Ghassan, I'd be thrilled if you came down to Hollywood! Man, everyone should just all come down to LA and let's have an oud convention or something. :D

TP21

wfspark
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 04:56 AM
Syrian oud.

Quote:
Originally posted by ghassan bashir
this maker does not have a web sute ,,
a good oud of his would cost about 400-500 bucks..but i can get you a better deal from him, when you decide ,and i will help make sure get you a real nice piece,,keep in touch at my e-mail/musicomposer5@yahoo.com

best regards:bounce:
Thank you Mr. Bashir. Right now I'm taking care of some financial problems, but I'll let you know when I'm ready. Syrian ouds have a good deep tone that I like. Right now, I'm learning the Turkish style, and plan on learning the Arabic style for my music major. Thanks.

William F. Sparks
ghassan bashir
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 06:21 PM
T P 21

:applause:
HI GUY ,THANKS 4 THE MESSAGE,,I WILL SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE

GHASSAN BASHIR

Go To Top