wfspark
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud entranced!

[*] posted on 4-23-2004 at 05:27 AM
Bass stack? What kind?

Quote:
Originally posted by Wm. De Leonardis
Douglas,

Get ready for a ton of questions when you go to Guitar Center! I took my oud there when I was shopping for an amp and had people coming up and asking what’s that thing; can I play it; how do you tune it?, etc.

Pretty amusing!

Another amp that sounds good, at least on my oud, was the Fender Acoustisonic—or something like that… If I remember correctly, there are two different models available. In the end, I wound up just using my bass stack, although 500w is bit overkill!

Your new oud is a beauty.

William
Hello William. What bass stack do you have. I have a 1300 watt bass stack with an 800 watt cabinet and a 500 watt head. I can see it now. Ouds running through bass stacks as big as trees. It puts a whole new meaning on the loudness of an oud. Once I get a pickup for my oud, I just might have to try running it through my bass stack.

William F. Sparks
Wm. De Leonardis
Oud Maniac

Mood: AOK

[*] posted on 4-23-2004 at 08:06 AM

Hey, William F.,

I have a Lab Series 100 head and a Peavey T-Max head. Cabinet wise, a 4x10 and a Kustom 2x15. I don't really advise anyone to use this type of set-up for any kind of "traditional" playing; however, if you're playing your oud in a loud ensemble, then it's great. In the end, though, I rarely use an amp for my oud. Instead, I just have it miked and put through a PA--that's if I really have to...

Cheers,
WmD.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top