Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: UK Get-Together
Raabiah
Oud Maniac

Mood: lost in a world of oudism

[*] posted on 2-27-2008 at 05:07 PM

WoW! kelly i dont quite know who you are but i visited micheal moussa and he said you recently purchased an oud from him. well, guess what? so did i :D i cant believe it im overly ecstatic and havent yet began tutorial lessons....but lets just say i got the most beautiful oud from him ever and im way tooo excited. oh and the sound...huh! to die for. i'm up for meeting other uk oudi's that would be amazing. ermmm and i love micheal he is such an inspirational and passionate being. anyhoooo whens this gathering taking place????? i'm wanting to find a uk oud tutor, if anyone has the slighest of suggestions please do contact me. it would be greatly appreciated.:))

Peace!1!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DaveH
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-28-2008 at 01:14 AM

And Raabiah makes one more to the grumpy northerners :D Sounds like Manchester it is, which is great by me so long as you don't all start playing what's the story morning glory on your ouds.

So let's talk dates. So far, I think the only suggestion has been from Leon and these were end May beginning of June. I'm afraid I'm probably abroad between the 25th May and 6th June unfortunately. I also probably can't make the week of the 7th April but otherwise could make pretty much any weekend between April and the end of August. BUT things come up for me at fairly short notice. I would really love to come but if something comes up then I might have to drop out, so if Leon's dates are the only ones that suit the rest, go ahead and plan and I'll do the best I can.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 2-28-2008 at 08:31 AM

hey lads, keep us posted on when and where...will try to make it to the big UK 'Oudstock' if in town at the time..Matthew:airguitar:
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 2-28-2008 at 08:57 AM

Hi Matthew

It'd be great to see you there ... and your Ghadban !!

Leon
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-28-2008 at 01:37 PM

Hi Raabiah, Dave and Mathew

Raabiah I'm glad you found your oud, Yes Michael is spreading his happiness all around, great guy Me self and Awad are going over to see him this week coming so will report back, hopefully will have time to suss some spring/summer dates
Dave, we'll all cheer up when you hit town:bounce:
Thanks Mathew- keep in the loop

Kelly
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-29-2008 at 10:24 AM

Hi I'm not fixed on the dates I said - they are just suggestions to get the ball rolling. Summer hols are good for me but I'm not sure when (or where) we're going away this year. I'll fit in to others - but if we wait for good weather the summer may provide an oh so narrow gap for all of us.:buttrock:

Leon
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-29-2008 at 10:26 AM

Where is Mr Moussa in Bradford - I grew up in Morley (Barnsley with carpets!!) and my folks still live there.

Leon
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-29-2008 at 12:36 PM

Michael lives in Darton, just south of Barnsley. I'm sure he'd welcome a visit any time you are up there.

Kelly
fyenix
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-2-2008 at 08:55 AM

hey, u guys still up for the oud meeting? i will be in london from june 20th til july 13th
Raabiah
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 5-2-2008 at 04:55 PM

yeh! i'm up for it mos defo. just keep me informed oudists and i shall be there :D i think london would be the most suited location even though i am up north but hey, anywhere will do me hehe
Peace out!1!
Raabiah
keep on with the oudism folk!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-5-2008 at 09:13 AM

I'm still keen too and had meant to try and revive this thread but have been pretty busy recently. Quite happy to help with logistics if it's after this month.

D
fyenix
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-6-2008 at 11:28 PM

hi, i would like to suggest that we all meet up at SOAS for this uk oudist get together. we can do anytime between 23rd - 27th before 6pm. hope everyone can conrfirm at the soonest. tq
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 03:08 AM

Hi fyenix and the Uk oud clan,

Sorry guys for not being on the forum for a while nursing a nasty cyst on me back Ooch! , thanks to Kelly who came around and treated me with some of his nice taqsims.

I really want this meet to happen even though it will be a bit difficult for me, traveling and that but I am with you..

fyenix, I hope you're having a good time in London, it will be great to have you on this hopefully the UK's first oud gathering :applause:

Come on guys....
up
up
up
up
up

Awad
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-8-2008 at 10:59 AM

Greetings all, apologies for not chiming in sooner. Likewise , Awad, been extremely busy with family and work. It would have to be weekend for me so if your talking 23-27th June then not possible for me.
Awad buddy, give us a call. I hope you're getting your arms round your Moussa oud ok

Kelly
fyenix
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-8-2008 at 03:25 PM

hi, the reason that i suggested on 23-27 is because of the iraqi music week happening in soas conducted by ehsan el imam (6pm-9pm). there will be a master class on iraqi oud playing technique/style and concert too. but if you guys wanna do it later also is ok for me as I will be in london til 13th july.

thanks
Raabiah
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 02:52 PM
Yaaaaaay!

fyenix that is what i'm talking about. well, if no1 can make it between the dates suggested i will definatley make it down to the best of my ability of course :) just suggest a date guys and i will definatley make this first uk oudists gathering. i need any insight i can recieve from the 'experts' hah

The iraqi music week definatley seems like the perfect location though :applause:
:D
CAN'T WAIT PPL!

keep on oudistatin :D
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 07:58 AM

I was away for a bit and missed this. London sounds good to me too!
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 09:41 AM

I'll try to make London - easy for me to get to but I am really busy with work at the moment ... but I'm sure I can make it, what date are we looking at and I can pencil it in!!

Leon
fyenix
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 07:47 PM

Middle Eastern Music by Ehsan Emam from Iraq

Starting: 23 June 2008 Time: 5:00 - 7:00 PM

Finishes: 27 June 2008 Time: 5:00 - 7:00 PM

Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings

This course is an introduction to Middle Eastern music, both theory & practice. It will cover historical overview, introduce musical theory and instruments, and have a closer look at the region’s musical culture and traditions. Students will also learn to perform a selection of traditional songs. With Ehsan Emam.

anyone?
Raabiah
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 03:40 PM

ive just baught tickets to see carlos santana:airguitar: which has cost be a total bomb lol but my hearts tellin me i will defo treck it down to london during the stated dates. it would be awesome if everybody could make it though. count me in!

Peace!1!

Raabiah
fyenix
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-18-2008 at 04:50 AM

hope to see you there Raabiah, DaveH, Ararat66, Kelly, Abusin and others!
arsene
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-18-2008 at 02:15 PM

wow, the Ehsam Emam course sounds wonderful. I wish I could make it, but I'm stuck in Holland for that period... :(
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 6-18-2008 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fyenix
hope to see you there Raabiah, DaveH, Ararat66, Kelly, Abusin and others!

Hi fyenix,

I wish I caould make it buddy, I'm unwell :(
I hope you can post some materials you and the others ..

have a good time all,

Awad
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-19-2008 at 11:02 PM

Hi Fyenix and all

The only problem with London is that, surprisingly, none of us seem to live there so noone can play host. I can make an afternoon some time next week but would need to know when, to arrange my schedule. Can you manage a room at SOAS?

I was seriously considering inviting anyone who could to Oxford, where I've recently moved and which is a short bus trip from London, but I'm afraid things are just a bit too manic next week. Another time though, this might be a pretty central venue and I have plenty of floor space, though not much furniture so we would have to do it all araby style. If anyone is interested in arranging this later on in the summer, (August/September), let me know.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 6-20-2008 at 02:07 AM

hey all- I'm in the process of moving around, and so later in the year might be better for me too to try and make it to any UK oud summit. Hope we can sort out a location convenient to all of us. cheers, MW
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top