Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: UK Get-Together
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 8-10-2008 at 01:44 PM

Hi Matthew, Leon, and all

Thank you for the readyness guys your attendace will really be an asset to this first gathering, since DaveH will be busy getting married on that date ;) I don't want him to miss this meet, also as my plans includes Ustaz Mussa who has just attended one of our weekly oud meeting I really want people to benefit from his vast knowledge and experties as he offered a lecture and a music workshop . He is leaving to Egypt and usa on the fifth of Sept so I'm suggesting the 27th of Sept to accomodate him and DaveH and I hope this suits all. In regards for a kip it can be arranged.

I am hoping to hear your say guys and its open to your suggestions,

Address and directions to Hulme hall will follow.

Regards,

Awad
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 8-10-2008 at 02:18 PM

27th is fine by me

Cheers

Leon
DaveH
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-11-2008 at 12:46 AM

hi Awad, Kelly Leon et al

Sorry, i haven't checked the forums for a few days. A bit busy ;). I'm actually getting married on the 27th - the dates weren't resolved last time I posted. That means the original date (20th) would be best for me. I can't guarantee I can make that either, but it should be possible. I'd really love to come but don't want to mess up your plans and then not make it, so I leave it up to Awad. If it's on the 20th I will do my best, but if the 27th suits others better, go ahead.

Awad, assuming I can come, let me know if there's anything I can bring/ do to help.

Best wishes to all
Dave

Ararat66
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-11-2008 at 02:14 AM

I can be flexible through September as long as it is a weekend (Kids, Work etc). Dave, it would be great to see you mate, you are not too far from me, you are in Oxford aren't you? but if you come to an oud meeting straight from taking your vows you'll be playing oud in the dog house for the forseeable future:D:D Congratulations have a great day.

Leon:buttrock:
abusin
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-12-2008 at 12:42 AM

Hi all,

Date is now set for the 27th, DaveH you enjoy your big day my friend :D I really wanted you to be with us on the opening leg, if any changes in plans do come over please attend. Otherwise videos and soud clips will be available to all.
Leon looking forward to meet you and others..
:bounce:

see ya all,

please keep this post up guys :xtreme:

Regards,

Awad
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-12-2008 at 12:31 PM

Thanks all, especially Awad for trying to include me, unfortunately I think for my own safety I should take Leon's advice and not jump on a train up to Hulme straight after. I'm very disappointed but it's just not going to work out this time. There will be others though and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. We have space here in Oxford for a few ouds and a few bodies to sleep over. Leon, if you're coming back on the following day, you're welcome to drop by on the way.

So have a great time and post pics/videos.

Dave

charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 03:24 AM

Hi UK mob, been on my hols but caught up with Kelly on the phone. Date is difficult at the moment but gonna try rearrange things so I can be there, fingers crossed, such a great opportunity for us. Hey Dave, congratulations, I wish you both every happiness, & lets face it, you cant exactly say, "sorry honey, ouds up north on that day" ha ha te he :D :D :airguitar:
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-14-2008 at 03:37 AM

Hi Charlie

I was going to try that, but I have unpleasant memories of an ex and a guitar (see here for the general idea).

abusin
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 04:00 AM

:bounce: :applause::D
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-8-2008 at 02:23 PM

Hi All

Just to confirm details for Saturday 27th September Get-together here in Manchester.

The Venue: Hulme Hall Community Centre, Rolls Crecent, Hulme, Manchester M15 1RF next to Hulme Garden Centre and behind The Junction Pub.
The Hall is has a kitchen as well as a meeting area. We will be able to provide light refreshments: sandwiches, tea,coffee etc.
Time: the hall will be open from 10 am till evening.
Programme: very informal aim to to meet and get to know each other share some music, play and listen- no pressure.
Micheal Moussa has offered to give a brief talk on his experience of oud-making and may well bring some examples !!
It would be useful towards the end of the day if we could discuss the possibility of organising further get togethers.

Depending on peoples' committments it would be good to go into Manchester or Rusholme for an evening meal. In order to accommodate those observing Ramadan this would need to be later around 8 pm.
Accommodation: I can put up 2 people on spare beds if anyone needs overnight. Friday/ Sat. Please email me and let me know.
If anyone has any further suggestions, reasonable requests or queries please let me or Awad know and indicate on the forum or email who can definately come so that we can get an idea of firm numbers.
Thanks everybody. Lets make it a great day. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody.

Kelly
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-10-2008 at 09:16 AM

Hi Kelly, Still trying to make it, will be in touch. Dont have your email, mine is on my profile, please send me yours sometime, Cheers mate.C
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-10-2008 at 02:47 PM

Thanks Charlie

I hope you can make it my email is: kellyburke531@ms.com

Kelly
abusin
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 04:35 AM

Hi Folks,

please find below directional maps and metro/trains/bus and car routes "bike also Kelly ;)"
hope to see many of you :buttrock:

Awad

Maps
patheslip
Oud Junkie

Mood: smooth

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 11:00 AM

Good luck lads and keep up the meetings. I'd love to get together and hear some real oud players.

I'll be out earning an honest crust with the fiddle so I can't come. :shrug: It'll be my 29th wedding this year, so far. I might as well be a vicar.
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 01:53 PM

Thanks. Awad I'm figuring out how to take 2 ouds safely on a bike across Manchester. Maybe if I leave early in the morning I'll avoid the worst of the crazy traffic!!

Patheslip- thanks for your support we'll keep you posted. Best of luck with Haste to the Wedding.

Kelly

Kelly
abusin
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 03:47 AM

:airguitar::airguitar::airguitar:
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 01:26 PM

SO Who's up for the 27th?

Please let us know whos for coming by leaving a note here.

So far we have: myself, Awad, Osman, Michael, Owain ?Charlie. Anyone from down south?

Accomodation and lifts from Piccadilly/Victoria train station can be arranged if needed

Kelly
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 11:56 PM

Hi Kelly

I'll be there - I'll try and bring some south coast sunshine (oh yeah!!) with me ;). I'll be in touch soon can't wait to see you all.

Leon
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 03:16 AM

I will come (hopefully), but as you know Kelly, I take a long time to get around to coming over... ;)

I talked to Raabiah, and I think she might be coming also, but you'll have to double check with her... anyway, I'll be coming with my dad :)

Can't wait to meet you all. :xtreme::buttrock::airguitar:
abusin
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 04:38 AM

Hi all,

I am looking forward to see you guys on our opening leg, all the best wishes for it to succeed and for us to meet and know each other and hopefully to make it the start for future meetings and events. :xtreme:

Thanks Owain for letting Raabiah know, hope she can make it... your dad is welcome I am sure he will have a good time and at least its a chance for him to see for himself what you letting yourself into :))

I am really looking forward to see you all, please to all attendees if you have any wants/ needs to cater for let us know in advance ..

Thanks to Mike Malik for giving us this opportunity :xtreme::xtreme:

Awad
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 05:38 AM

Yes, a big thanks to Mike, or this could have never happened in the first place. And another big thanks to everyone else who organized it!

Just a question though, should I bring my own Oud, or will there be enough Ouds to have a play on? Both my Ouds are nothing special, and at the moment, neither are playable! One has too much buzzing going on, the other has two pegs stuck.. :rolleyes:

"Dad? I have to tell you something... I.. er, I'm addicted to... Ouds... :))"

See you there.:airguitar:
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 11:17 AM

Hey all

Gutted not to be making this but as you know I have another pressing engagement. I'm still very glad we're finally doing this though. Have a brilliant time, enjoy the generous hospitality of Awad and Kelly, post lots of photos and audio and make a date for round 2! I will try my damnest to make it.

Happy music making.

Dave
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 12:14 PM

Thanks Leon, Owain and Dave H

Leon, you're welcome to kip at mine Friday or Saturday if you wish. I'll chuck the cats out! let me know.

Owain, bring your oud(s) if you've got room- we'll have a go at unsticking some pegs. Dr Moussa might have a cure! Yes, there will be other ouds around for sure and I'll bring the Shehata for you to have a try out.

DaveH, have a great day and we'll be celebrating for you too

Kelly.

Kelly
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 01:10 PM

SORTED :bounce: gonna be there :bounce: just booked my train ticket :bounce: arrive Manchester Piccadilly at 10.05 am :bounce: only down side have to get the train back at 5.25 pm due to next day committments:( but so glad I can make it :bounce: look forward to meeting you all :airguitar: Charlie
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 01:09 PM

Nice one Charlie, give us a ring and let me know if you want a lift from the station.
Look forward to meeting you.

Kelly
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top