Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sphinx, Nileshop, GEF - Same?
Melbourne
Oud Junkie

Mood: راحة الأرواح

[*] posted on 3-1-2008 at 11:31 PM
Sphinx, Nileshop, GEF - Same?

Hello Guys...

Sorry if this has been discussed elesewhere - but I've always wondered if Sphinxoud, Nileshop and GEF were all the same seller. I forget which is which but two of them have the same oud music playing in the back ground. One thing that I find odd, is one of the websites has indentical looking ouds but for higher prices. Example, Nileshop has amatuer oud from $200 - $270, and GEF has amatuer ouds anywhere between $300 and $500+ or there abouts.

Any comments would be appreciated.

PS
if Nileshop is an independant seller - has anyone had much to do with this seller? are they good? genuine?

U2U responses would be good if you prefer....

Muchly appreciated :)

Cheers,

Samer
journeyman
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-3-2008 at 03:19 PM

I don't know if they are all the same store or not, but I bought a couple of ouds through the Nile Shop. Everything was fine with the deals but after a year or so I had a problem with one of the ouds, nothing major, but the climate here is harsh and it can affect ouds. Anyway, I asked the seller if he could speak with the builder to see what could be done, he stopped communicating completely. I don't know why as I was not demanding anything or complaining, only wanted to see what could be done. I don't know much about the culture in Egypt so perhaps I offended him, I really don't know.

Roy
cjmichael
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 09:01 AM

Melbourne,

Sphinxshop and Nileshop have been mentioned and discussed many times on this site. You should definitely do a forum search for Nileshop, it will get you tons of informative hits that answer your questions and so many more. I think they are the same distributer.

Go To Top