Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-20-2008 at 03:39 PM
Turkish Oud

http://www.turkishouds.com
serhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-21-2008 at 03:49 AM

Which brand you used as transducer on this oud and how much the price of it?
As I see on the picture the wood is Maple.Am I right?
With best wishes.
gokceengin
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 01:27 PM

you are right it is maple ,we use fishman it is 400$(last technology)for our electric oud.
it is 13OO $

But if you want maun and chip tranducer our price will be low ok.

http://www.turkishouds.com
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Amos
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 04:27 PM

hi whisperofthe oud,
if you really want to know what i think of this oud then i have to say that i think these electric ouds sound horrible, regardless of the maker. i do not mean to say that the makers construct the instruments badly but that the very concept just doesnt work for my ears. for 1400$ you can buy a very high quality real oud and install a transducer (i use barcus berry transducers for my high end ouds) and end up with a wonderful instrument. dont waste your money on these things, unless you are trying to achieve the bizarre and certainly not authentic sound that comes out of them. again, i do not mean to say that the makers are bad craftsmen, just that i think your money would be better spent on a traditional oud. there is no need to improve on perfection.
just my thoughts,
amos

Our music is like an ocean...
serhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 11:07 PM

Hello Amos,

What do you think about flat back electric&acoustic oud with Spruce soundboard and Ebony fingerboard&pegs of this oud: http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=7353

Regards.
gokceengin
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-3-2008 at 11:13 PM

did try this electric oud? Where do you know it s sound horrible?

Thank you
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
pepbcn
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-4-2008 at 12:04 AM

the electric Oud and traditional Oud are different things, it's okay that there are both.

personally I like both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77talJBJJuw
Haluk
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud and saz producer

[*] posted on 4-4-2008 at 12:34 AM

WE CELEBRATE OUR 40th ANNIVERSARY!

EVERY INSTRUMENT IS

20%

OFF THE LIST PRICE

(This offer is valid until June 1st 2008)

HIGH QUALITY AND LOW PRICE GUARANTIED!

journeyman
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-4-2008 at 07:29 AM

In my opinion as electric ouds go, this is one of the more attractive ones. Nice lines and beautiful grain in the wood. I would like to suggest to ALL builders of electric ouds that they try a B-Band pickup instead of the Peizo pickups. The installation is about the same (under the saddle ribbon) but the technology is different. I use a B-Band on my classical guitar and it is WAY better than the Peizo type pickups. The Yamaha company has also used the B-Band in their "Silent Guitar" series. I have one of these and of course it does not sound like an acoustic guitar, but has a sound of its own that is quite pleasing. To me the Peizo ribbon sound is horrible on any instrument. So, I'm issuing a challenge to any builder of these solid body electric ouds to do better than the Peizo sound. Try the B-Band and let us know what you think, or better still, try the B-Band and ask the opinion of some oud players. I am not an official endorser of the B-Band by the way. I just think that the Peizo is Stinko.:D
Haluk
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-5-2008 at 01:34 AM

If the maker can make the installation correct,the sound of electric oud will not be horrible.It will sounds like natural sound of the acoustic oud.

journeyman
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-5-2008 at 06:13 AM

Hello Haluk,
Personally I have never heard a guitar or electric oud sound like an acoustic as long as they were using a Peizo pickup. I contend that the Peizo has its own sound that does not reproduce the natural sound of an instrument, but instead colors it in a very unnatural way, especially the string attack. I am not the only one with this opinion. If you can post a sound clip of an electric oud that sounds like an acoustic I'd love to hear it.

Roy
Haluk
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-5-2008 at 12:17 PM

Here is the sound file of my electric oud:

journeyman
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-5-2008 at 08:04 PM

Well Haluk, I can't say that it sounds like an acoustic oud, but I eat my words because I don't think it is a bad sound. If you are using a Peizo pickup it is the first time that I have not heard that artificial sound that is generally associated with Peizos. I'm really surprised and can only attribute it to what you said: the way you have done the installation. Hats off to you!

Roy
pauldata
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 06:25 PM

This is one of the prettier electric ouds that I've seen. The cutaway is smart. (I'd love to hear and play it) However, when I eventually buy an electric oud, I will probably go for a flat-back but otherwise traditional style instrument, and likely will use K&K mini soundboard style transducers. That, for me, would be the ultimate electric oud...
Haluk
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-13-2008 at 12:30 AM

Hi Paul,

You may interest my new flat back oud in this link:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=7353

With best wishes.

Amos
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-13-2008 at 07:01 AM

haluk efendi,
your great craftsmanship shows with this instrument, i agree with journeyman that while it does not sound like an acoustic oud it does sound very good, thanks for sharing the clip with us, all the best,
amos

Our music is like an ocean...
pauldata
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-19-2008 at 04:56 PM

Haluk,
I am interested in this flat back electric oud. Could you please email me with all the particulars: price with mechanical tuners, choices/options of woods used; options for decoration; do you have access to K&K pure western mini pickups, is hardshell case included, shipping cost to AZ 85716 USA, etc? Also, lead time as to how long it would take you to build one for me, and what sort of deposit you might need. Also, are you able to accept payment through PayPal?
My email is pauldata AT hotmail DOT com.
If you cannot get the K&K pickups, perhaps I can buy them and ship them to you for installation. They are glued to the interior of the soundboard directly underneath the bridge, and give a much more natural sound than typical under saddle piezos. Also, they are passive and require no batteries, and no cut-out on the side of the instrument for volume, EQ, etc.
Thanks,
-Paul
PS: also, please quote the price of your standard flat back instrument, as pictured, with the usual electronics that you use, case, shipping, etc.
Haluk
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-29-2008 at 10:20 PM

Hi Paul,

I sent e-mail to your address about the details which you mentioned.

With best wishes.

Go To Top