Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mohammad Fadel vs Syrian Ouds!!!!
mawoud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-29-2008 at 01:24 PM
Mohammad Fadel vs Syrian Ouds!!!!

Hi,
I posted yesterday on the secton buy and sell on the forum a oud made by Mohammad Fadel and I listed some pictures.
I received a reply that states that it's a Syrian oud not a Mohammad Fadel. Could anyone explain to me how this could happen?
Are there some fake Mohammad Fadel ouds made in Syria?
How could you tell?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
gilgamesh
Oud Junkie

Mood: in the mood

[*] posted on 4-30-2008 at 02:12 AM

Hello Mawoud

I'm sorry but Fadel is true; M. Fadel oud's quality is far different as that, and we can see at the first look that it is not one. In Damascus there is a oud seller who makes business with tourists by using the name Mohammad Fadel and son's, he've probably got the same name but not the same talent ...
the label is not authentic, take a look at that: http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=7249#pid452...
:airguitar:
Alan
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mellow Yellow

[*] posted on 5-1-2008 at 10:55 AM

mawoud in all sincerity, I hope you didn't spend much money on this oud. You don't need to spend much time on this board or on the internet to know this is a fake and a bad one at that. I know you wouldn't want to sell something that is not what is suppose to be. This information should be communicated to the person that has won the bid on this oud yet one would assume that anyone thinking they are buying an original oud by one of the worlds greatest oud makers for $399 is not very informed or the brightest bulb in the package. This exact style oud has been on ebay more times that I can remember over many years.
mawoud
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-2-2008 at 01:35 PM

Thank you guys for all your help.
I just sent an email to the buyer and told him about the oud. I also suggested he looks at Mikeouds site so he doesn't think that I don't want to sell to him or her.
Anyway, if you notice on my auction I said that the oud can be returned if the buyer is not satisfied.
Either way, I'm happy I didn't pay too much for it even though I think I paid more than what I suppose considering.
Thank you anyway for all the support.

Go To Top