Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Band Of Brothers - More free music added
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-13-2008 at 10:26 PM
Band Of Brothers - More free music added

Hey Guys,

Heres a new group which Im a part of called the "Band of Brothers"
It features Australian guitar virtuosos and brothers Slava and Leonard Grigoryan with myself (Joseph) on oud and my brother James Tawadros on Req'.

They are little clips of some of the repertoire we play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfd_seckmYY

I hope you like!

JT
Melbourne
Oud Junkie

Mood: راحة الأرواح

[*] posted on 5-14-2008 at 04:13 AM

Thanks for the post JT :) Beautiful style! I reckon Oud and Classical guitar make a unique combination. Love the name too - Band of Brothers...

I was fortunate enough to have Edvard Grigoryan, Slava and Leonard's father, as my violin teacher back in high school. He is a fantastic violinist and was such an inspiration to have had as a student...
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 5-14-2008 at 04:30 AM

Gee I dunno Joe! .... I have a Faruk Türünz oud and a Godin Multiac ACS guitar with synth and I still can't make sounds like you guys. What am I doing wrong, d'ya think?:shrug:
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 5-14-2008 at 05:12 AM

hey JT

you guys are great. loved it all. i loved seeing you putting all differ styles into the oud and bring others instreuments with i t.

your next cd should be metal :D now that would be cool haha.

anything you do is just amazing.

thx sammy

we are lost camels in the desert and wanna find our way to water and the water is in aden
LeeVaris
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud lover

[*] posted on 5-14-2008 at 07:45 AM
Beautiful

Very, very cool - when is the next CD coming out? I hope you have plans for this group. I especially loved your version of "Black Birds"– its really amazing how James and his req hold the rhythm section against the 3 interweaving lead instruments!

When are you coming to the States?
:applause:

regards,

Lee Varis
varis@varis.com , www.varis.com
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-14-2008 at 08:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Firstly, Greg you sound great on the oud man and I thank you for all your help and support. Im also glad you you caught Band of Brothers in action last July, awesome meeting you there!

Melbourne, the whole Grigoryan family are talented, so you were lucky to study with Edvard.

Sammy (thanks for your loyal and ovewhelming support).
The Grigoryans are amazing guitarists and humans. I recommend checking out some of their other clips. Slava has just finished recording an album with the legendary Ralph Towner and Wolfgang Muthspiel.
My next album is due out next year, I will spill the beans, Its all orchestral. Oud, Req with The Australian Chamber Orchestra.
It is very modern orchestral, I think its much different to some of the oud orechestral collaborative projects out there...I hope anyway:) It will be called DAHAB...As for the metal album, I did explore this briefly with my Band "the Oud, the Bad and the Ugly" playing my tunes really big and loud with oud on distortion, drum kit and bass, but then I decided against it as it wasnt really sounding like oud, but who knows. If Steve Vai is interested Im not gonna say no:)

Mr Lee!!!!!! Another great guy!
Awesome to hear from you. We have alot of plans with this group. We all work really great together and are enjoying the creativity. As for my brother James, he's the biggest blessing. He is an absolute inspiration and plays the req like no one I know- A human metronome!
His sycopations are always original and fresh and at 19 it scares me to think how he'll be in a couple of years. I'll post a couple of his amazing req improvs soon. Also, he's been playing alot of cajon lately, a sight you guys must see. There is some great audio clips of him here, I recommend having a listen to his face percussion track and jam with an Indian Tabla player recorded for ABC. http://www.myspace.com/jamestawadros
As for plans for US there is a strong possibility for May next year. A orchestra in LA is very interested in having me...poker at Mikes anyone?

Thanks again for all the support guys, it really means alot. All the best,

JT
Melbourne
Oud Junkie

Mood: راحة الأرواح

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 04:18 AM

The Oud, The Bad and The Ugly definitely has potential to be explored - in whichever way or form. Great title!

mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 12:09 PM

Gorgeous music and interaction! And that oud is superb!

Beautiful Joseph!

mavrothis

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
Greg
Administrator

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JT
Firstly, Greg you sound great on the oud man and I thank you for all your help and support. Im also glad you you caught Band of Brothers in action last July, awesome meeting you there! JT

Joe, I was only joking mate. If I had two more lifetimes to practice, I still wouldn't sound like you guys.

This lineup with you, James and the Grigoryans is extraordinary. It was a privilege to see the concert last July and I'm hoping this series of snippets on youtube will be the forerunner to a world tour for the Band Of Brothers.

Regards,

Greg
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-12-2008 at 02:40 PM

Hey Guys,

I though you might be interested in this. My music has been used by animator Roseth, It also features a little bit of violin playing from me...I hope you like:)

To view Go to: http://www.michaelroseth.net/pages/images.html#movingimages

then under MOVING IMAGES section, click 'ONE ANOTHER' clip
or 'SITE PROJECTIONS I' clip.

Also, below is the showreel.

http://www.michaelroseth.net/pages/images.html#showreel

All the best,

JT
Greg
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-13-2008 at 05:22 AM

Hey Joe,

Great stuff. I was very moved by "One Another."

The concept and animation by Michael Roseth are wonderful. But the emotion of film is always in the sound track and your oud and violin playing made a perfect whole.

Thanks for sharing.

Greg
patheslip
Oud Junkie

Mood: smooth

[*] posted on 6-14-2008 at 05:24 AM

Great stuff, thanks for the posting.

On holding the oud, I'm an oldie just starting, though with a lifetime of fiddle behind me. I try holding the neck down low but find my left hand cramps up, whereas if i point the pegbox to the sky, like a classical guitar player, my hand and wrist are free to move. Do you have to start young to do it as you do or do you think I should try to hold it as low as possible?
panço
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-15-2008 at 01:05 AM

:applause: bravo joseph
Raabiah
Oud Maniac

Mood: lost in a world of oudism

[*] posted on 6-18-2008 at 10:58 AM

Wow! this music is absolute brilliance....my system is yearning for MORE :D cds etc???.....you guyz are extremely talented!!!!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-21-2008 at 02:31 PM

Thanks so much for the support guys. We will hopefully be recording a cd at the end of the year...Still have the orchestral one to come out first...:D

All the best,

JT
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-24-2008 at 03:16 AM

Hey Guys,

Heres a live interview and performance I did earlier in the year:

http://serendipsy.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/joseph-tawadros-live-wom...

I hope guys enjoy, I was abit silly in the interview but it was right after a big performance at WOMAD so alot of adrenalin running through my body.

All the best,

JT
DaveH
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-24-2008 at 04:13 AM

Great performance and great interview JT. I think they'll invite you back in spite of everything! Brightened up my day.

Go To Top