Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Getting ahold of Oud Sukar
Cooper
Oud Maniac

Mood: 0

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 06:07 PM
Getting ahold of Oud Sukar

Does anyone know if the e-mails on Ibrahim Sukar's web site are working?
http://www.oudsukar.com/en/index.php
I have been e-mailing him trying to get information on his qanuns and bouzuks, but one of the e-mails bounced ( music@oudsukar.com ) and no one has responded from the other two e-mail ( engsukar@scs-net.org & the e-mail on his web page).

Thank you,

Dustin
Lamma Anakhu
Oud Lover

Mood: Saba - صبا

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 07:49 PM

My information is second hand, but maybe someone else here can clarify. As far as I know, Ibrahim Sukkar has had a hell of a time getting anything into the states due to the American trade embargo of Syria and has given up trying to fight it. Like I said, second hand info, from Ibrahim to friend to me.

The only open options that I've heard of are middle men (eBay and folks here) or a Syrian vacation... Wish I had the time.

Best of luck to you.
peppeo77
Oud Junkie

Mood: easy like ever

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 08:56 PM

I don't know why but it happened the same to me some time ago. I don't think it's a matter of being american, I'm an italian guy writing from Italy and I didn't get any answer either. Try to email him in arabic with the help of someone, maybe it might help.
Ciao, Peppeo.
Lamma Anakhu
Oud Lover

Mood: Saba - صبا

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 09:04 PM

Hahahah... Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like it was an American writing issue. For the e-mail, I just think that he is so backed up that he isn't really dealing with it. He is probably like some of the American classical guitar makers, too much e-mail, which takes too much time to sort through and answer, so they only really deal with those willing to pick up the phone and dial.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 11:33 PM

Tried a few times in the past to email Sukar, no replies, have given up. C.
Cooper
Oud Maniac

Mood: 0

[*] posted on 5-16-2008 at 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lamma Anakhu
Hahahah... Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like it was an American writing issue.

That is okay. In fact, that has been a joke of mine with trying to e-mail him or Nabil Kassis (qanun maker). My wife told me I am probably now on some watch list with the U.S. government ;)

I have found a seller on e-bay that sells one of his ouds an his qanun, but I was curious to see what the prices that Sukar charges on his qanuns so I can figure out how much to bid (it looks like a really good student model). I heard he makes good bouzuks and ouds.

Oh well...

Go To Top