Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CEM MC Ouds on Ebay
YelloDog
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-17-2008 at 08:01 AM
CEM MC Ouds on Ebay

Does anyone here have any experience with a company called CEM MC out of Germany . They sell on Ebay.
I am looking for a low cost beginner Oud . Due to owning 7 guitars , 3 Resophonics, 3 mandolins,a Saz etc. etc. my spouse is looking over my shoulder. I need to keep things at or under $300.00. Not looking for great tone but would like decent playability.
If you have any suggestions (other than spend more money) , I would greatly appreciate your advice.
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-17-2008 at 08:57 AM

I have delt with CEM MC and I can say I was happy. I bought a Saz/Baglama from them and I got an Oud which they built, but I didn't buy the Oud directly from them, I got it second hand. And both the instruments are quite cheap looking to look at, and the feel of the wood feels cheap (the Rossette of my Oud just fell off the other day), but the sound is actually very nice! I'm not a good player but I can try to upload a sound sample of the Oud recording on my onboard soundcard soon...

The electric side of both the Oud and Saz are nice, however the Saz has a mucher nicer, louder and clearer electric sound qaulity.
Rafoud
Oud Lover

Mood: worried, again

[*] posted on 7-17-2008 at 09:40 AM

I bought my first oud at CEM, turkish one whilst they're turkish germans... It was OK for the price, but I checked the site and there was no ouds for sale at the time.

Good oud luck!

Go To Top