Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: curious about this oud maker
Jassim
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Player

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 10:01 AM

hehehehehehe
nice photo just the photo :) not the oud
so you know that i had try thabet oud im not lier :)
and i want to say hi to the new members too :)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Abdullah
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 01:09 PM

3 or 4 members are regester today .. in same time just to write in this sub in the forum (sb7an allah)
all new members are the same guy im sure
jassim god bless you .. you are one of the top ppl knows about ouds... i heard about you alot ,,,
best regards
Jassim
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Player

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 01:15 PM

hehehe yes abdullah thanks i know that all the new members are the same man :)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
FastForward
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-16-2008 at 03:41 PM

Hello All,

I think this discussion is getting out of context. It seems that peoples emotions are getting in the way of a fair judgment and assessment.

Regardless of the name of the oud maker ( and we all know there are many big name oud makers who have produced lower quality ouds a few times) there are two things to judge a oud by

- Sound

- Finishing

On either front, looking and hearing Thabet's ouds I would say he ranks high on both criteria. I agree that some might find the decoration on the sound board excessive or non traditional but that is always a matter of personal taste. Moreover, there are plenty of ouds made by Thabet that are more traditional in their looks or more plain looking. No matter how the decoration looks like, the sound of his ouds seem very rich and deep and well balanced.

Since I have never ownded a oud made by Thabet, the only way to judge his work is by listening to it through sound files posted online, which is the same way I judge ouds made by other makers.

Jassim, I find it hard to believe what you say that Thabet's ouds are badly finished when I see the oud you are holding in your own hands shown in the picture. I beg to differ on this and this is my personal opinion.

In the end, everybody sees things from a different perspective but to say that Thabets ouds are bad (in terms of sound and finishing) is something I find hard to believe.

I hope that we keep this discussion objective and avoid personal attacks on each other and on Thabet.

Best,

FF.

P.S. Please keep the discussion in Engrish.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top