Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Turkish oud for sale
Franck
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-13-2008 at 04:48 AM
Turkish oud for sale

Hi,

I'm selling this oud that was made in 2005 by Ismail Hakkı Fencioğlu, a former student of Faruk Türünz. The body is made of Macassar ebony and mahogany, the fingerboard is ebony as are the tuning pegs and the soundboard is European spruce. It's in perfect shape and the finish has been redone not long ago. The action is really great and the sound is very balanced. You can hear it on the website of my group, Skarazula, in the section ALBUMS on our CD LITHA; on track no. 3 -KÜRDI AZERI. My price for this professional concert oud is 2000$US+shipping. Those interested can either answer to this message, send me an e-mail at franck.r@hotmail.com or call me at: 514 277-1931 (Montréal, Québec, Canada).

Thanks,

François Rainville
AOUDLOVER
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-15-2008 at 07:23 AM
nice oud, can you show us a music file.. thanks

nice oud, can you show us a music file.. thanks
Franck
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-15-2008 at 08:00 AM
Turkish oud for sale

You can go at http://www.skarazula.com go in the ALBUMS section, then choose the album LITHA, there are samples that you can listen to, choose track no.3 KURDI AZERI, you'll hear the oud in the small solo in the middle before the kaval solo. The is a composition of mine in the Azeri style.

Thanks,

François
AOUDLOVER
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-15-2008 at 11:11 AM
nks frank, it is nice sound

thanks frank, it is nice sound
OudistAndalo
Oud Admirer

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 06:00 PM

I can buy an Ud from Faruk Turunz for less than $2000, I do not understand why you are asking so much for a used Ud made by Faruk 's student, no offence but it seems steep.
Franck
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-19-2008 at 06:20 PM

Faruk's best ouds are 2000$US, the oud I'm selling is at least as good. Furthermore, it's in perfect shape and the fact that it has been played for three years is a good thing. Aged instruments are better when in good shape. Being a lutemaker myself, I know this as a fact. I do understand your interrogation and I know that it's not everyone who will agree.
nasrudinjeh
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 8-23-2008 at 12:18 AM

Your kindness and collective wisdom are amazing! I am looking for a Turekishish/Armenian/Greek oud: intermediate/professional quality, $1000 max. I am a guitarist (mostly jazz) and bouzouki (rebetika/laika) player, and am located in Winnipeg, Canada..
Amos
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-23-2008 at 06:35 PM

Am I wrong or is the body of this oud unevenly cut? It looks like the curve at the wide end of the body is not symmetrical and the edges that meet the neck are not evenly aligned. I could be wrong but this is what I am seeing and usually these kinds of mistakes mean a fairly low quality oud. I dont mean any disrespect here, and maybe I am making a mistake. Can anyone else see what I am seeing?
Amos

Our music is like an ocean...
Franck
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 07:43 AM

Hello Amos,

I have attached a photo of a Faruk Türünz oud with this reply, if you look closely, you'll find some imperfections on this one too. Now, if you are to tell me that Faruk's ouds are fairly low quality ouds, then I shall leave to you this appreciation. Being a luthier myself, I know that these imperfections have no ill effects on sound and playability. I you could try my oud, I'm sure you would have a different point of view.

Anyways, I have a serious buyer here in Montréal and we are on verge of making the transaction. I'm writing this as a reply to nasrudinjeh, I will soon know if it is sold or not. I'll keep you informed.
Franck
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 04:14 PM

This oud is sold
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Franck
Hi,

I'm selling this oud that was made in 2005 by Ismail Hakkı Fencioğlu, a former student of Faruk Türünz.

Dear Frank,
To be honest I must clarify that Ismail Hakkı Fencioğlu has never been a student of mine.
Best regards

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Melbourne
Oud Junkie

Mood: راحة الأرواح

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 03:32 AM

Quote:
Dear Frank,
To be honest I must clarify that Ismail Hakkı Fencioğlu has never been a student of mine.
Best regards

:applause:
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 04:42 AM

Hi Frank could you send me by email or u2u the contact info for Ismail.
we are having a gathering of oud players in Montreal september 20th. It would be nice to have him and others at the gathering.
Franck
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 05:19 PM

I want to make things straight about Ismail Hakkı Fencioğlu being a former Faruk Türünz student. My misunderstanding of what Ismail told me lead me to affirm this, but, in fact, he only told me that he went to master Türünz's workshop to ask questions about oud making and nothing more. He never was master Türünz's student. I am sorry about this but I want to make sure that everybody knows that it is MY mistake and that Ismail has nothing to do with this issue.

I am very sorry about my mistake and hope that nobody was offended by it. And, for the record, the fact that I said that Ismail was a former student of master Türünz has nothing to do with the sale of my oud.

Sincerely,

François Rainville

Go To Top