Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Samir Azar's buzuks vs. Sukar's
Cooper
Oud Maniac

Mood: 0

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 12:30 PM
Samir Azar's buzuks vs. Sukar's

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice and recomendations on which buzuk might be a better choice: Azar's or Sukar's?

If there is anyone on this forum that has experience with either of these maker's buzuks, please share your experience and if you could spare a little bit of advice.

Thanks,

Dustin
dubai244
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-18-2008 at 01:04 PM

Hi,

I haven't used Sukar. so I am not comparing between the two, to be fair. I have Samir Azaar buzuk and i do recommanded for you. The buzuk has very nice loud echoy sound quality and the finishing is good.

I had post pictures and sounds files some where in this forum, you can search for it.

Thanks
Cooper
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-20-2008 at 06:34 AM

Thanks for that info dubai244! Samir also wrote back to me and said there will be a new web site up soon. He also sent pictures (and a sound bite) of the buzuq and it looks like he is putting rosettes in the sound hole now.

He said it would be about $860 total with the case and the cost of shipping to America included, so it looks like that guy on e-bay is selling it for a reasonable price. I know that there are models of Sukar buzuqs that are that high too (I guess the one that palyrami sells is one of the inexpensive models).
Cooper
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-23-2008 at 01:06 PM

dubai244,

Were do you get any replacement strings for your buzuq? Are they the same as saz strings?
dubai244
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 09:22 AM

Hi Cooper,

I haven't change my buzuki strings yet. I am not sure if it is same as Saz strings but it seem to me they look same. You can ask samir about that and you will find buzuki strings in PYRAMID wed if you like.

Thanks
Cooper
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-25-2008 at 05:57 AM

Thanks! I will ask. I am still not sure which bouzouk I want, though (I have a few months to decide).

Go To Top