Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud in Slovenia
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 09:53 AM
Oud in Slovenia

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if there are any oud enthusiasts in Slovenia?

My brother James and I will be performing with The Austrian Orchestra Camerata Salzburg at this festival:
http://www.festivalmaribor.si/en/

Also, on the website if scroll through the music tracks that are playing you can hear a clip of my composition Oasis for Oud and Orchestra.

All the best,

JT

All the
DaveH
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 01:02 PM

Hi Joseph

I heard that. They should have had you out in Beijing today - could have saved a bomb on fireworks.

I have some friends who will be there at the time and I'll tell them to go. It's apparently a fantastic country, so see if you can get yourself a couple of days downtime too.

Good luck with it.

JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-24-2008 at 05:05 PM

Hey Dave,

Thanks man, I'll be staying there for 10 days, in a pretty tight schedule, but hopefully will get some downtime to have a look around. I have heard it is a really wonderful place.

All the best,

JT
gregorypause
Oud Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-25-2008 at 07:03 AM

Hi Joseph,

I am right next door in Hungary (about 4 hours drive away). Unfortunately, I will be abroad during the time this festival takes place. Would have loved to go and hear you play! :(

Attila
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-25-2008 at 02:35 PM

Hello Attila,

If you're plans change, let me know and I can organise a ticket for you my friend...All the best,

JT
Marina
Oud Junkie

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 02:26 AM

Beautiful music on this site! Oud & orchestra! Great! I realy love it.
I'll be in Croatia between 1-12 september, so maybe I manage to get there. I'm supossed to visit my family, who, according to my mom, live 2 hours drive from Maribor.
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-26-2008 at 07:14 AM

Hello Marina,

Thanks for the beautiful comments. You should come! My friend is also flying from Croatia for the gig, its quite close.

Send me an email on joe_tawadros@hotmail.com to discuss the possibility. But please give me some notice to organise free tickets for you...

I recommend you coming to the performance on the 11th September, this is the orchestra performance with my brother and I playing all my repertoire for oud and orchestra.

All the best,

JT
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 8-31-2008 at 11:36 PM

I just had a call from Joe. He and James were on the aircraft, waiting for takeoff for Slovenia. The call was truncated when the steward spotted him using his cell phone :cool:

Joe was particularly excited because he has just clinched a deal for Jean-Louis Matinier to play on his next album.

Jean-Louis is the fabulous European chamber jazz accordionist who played on "Le Pas Du Chat Noir" with Anouar Brahem.

I'm looking forward to that one :buttrock:

Go To Top