Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hana Nahat on eBay
tsugumi
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 08:51 AM
Hana Nahat on eBay

Hello

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-ANTIQUE-SYRIAN-RARE-WOODEN-OUD-HANA-NAHAT-Y...

I don't know,it's real or fake.

Regards,
tsugumi
Alan-TX
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 09:30 AM

Thats palmyrami. For some unknown reason the old store was removed from ebay and they have started up again under this new name epalmyra

On their website they have what looks like the same oud for 2k dollars more.

http://www.palmyrami.com/index.php?categoryID=120
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 09:35 AM

Dont know, it looks the part. The seller however, uses the word "rare" for the Sukar ouds he also sells even though Sukar turns em out by the dozen!.
Marina
Oud Junkie

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 01:09 PM

Actualy, a few weeks ago I played on REAL Nahat, my friend from Nazereth bought it from somebody in Syria. Paied 2500$. It looks rather similar to this one. Of cours, I say similar, because who can know for shure just from photo...
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 10:34 PM

I think this one is legit.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 8-30-2008 at 01:20 AM

Samir, do you think its the real McCoy? many members have had less than satisfatory experiences with Palmyrami.
Samer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-30-2008 at 02:53 AM

Dear All,

First of all, I was not removed from ebay, my account is still running but I dont want to sell everything from one store, epalmyra will be a music instruments store, and palmyrami will be for for everything else. We are restructuring our on line business to improve our clients satisfaction.

Buyers Satisfaction has improved a lot lately, number of members bought from me and they were very happy with their purchase.

Regarding the Nahat oud, I’m starting the oud for such a low price compare it to our website price knowing the price will go up to the same amount .
I’m %100 sure that the oud real and original We did a lot of effort and consult some oud experts to verify this oud.

I’m willing to give a full refund including shipping cost to the winner within one week if you find out that this oud is fake or some parts of it are not original.

Please feel free to contact me if u have any question.

Regards
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Alan
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mellow Yellow

[*] posted on 8-31-2008 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tsugumi
Hello

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-ANTIQUE-SYRIAN-RARE-WOODEN-OUD-HANA-NAHAT-Y...

I don't know,it's real or fake.

Regards,
tsugumi

the photo is certainly Hanna
The calligraphy in the rosette looks authentic. The oud has the right shape. Looks real to me
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 9-1-2008 at 09:27 PM
Palmyrami's (E-Palmyra) Nahat

I don't know...I looked up Palmyrami's e-bay site again to see if he in fact, is separating his instruments in one store, and the "other stuff" in another store, as he claims, but still, his old store is gone. I really like to give people the benefit of the doubt, in fact, I'd love to own a real Nahat and am thinking of his, but after a few unpleasant dealings with this seller, would kick myself if I plunked down $2000 plus and got an instrument that needed $1000 or more in restoration work. No one likes surprises when it comes to an instrument. Real or not, buying a 90 year old instrument is a tricky proposition if you don't actually touch and feel it and examine it very carefully. Any thoughts folks? :shrug:
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 01:46 AM

I tend to agree with you Shareen, an oud of that age would be more attractive if a luthier could report/confirm its condition or if you could play it before purchase. Having said that my understanding is that Nahat ouds seem to have a reputation for being well cared for. A teasing choice awaits anyone interested in this oud without trying it first. However, the seller has stated clearly above that a full refund will be made if returned in seven days which is reasonable I suppose if it is not possible to try before you buy. C
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 04:52 AM

If it needs 1000$ of restoration and its a real Nahat I would say its worth it.
my .02$
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 08:28 AM

Not all Nahats have been well cared for, it's just the ones that haven't don't tend to be the ones that get the attention.
If this is the original face, it's probably worth it even if it needs a fair amount of work.
If it's not the original face, there's no telling what it sounds like.
It looks to me like the original face, but there is some damage to it, it's impossible to tell if it's been repaired or not. The pegs look like the original Nahat pegs.
Palmyrami's original store is still there:
http://stores.ebay.com/palmyrami_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

It looks like epalmyra is selling things besides musical instruments, though.

I would like to trust Samer, since he's the only person importing Sukar ouds regularly, and he seems to have been making an effort to deal honestly with people. But it's always wise to be cautious with buying an instrument you haven't played, especially one so expensive. Even with the best intentions, he's not a player and so can't really verify the value of the oud the way someone like oudprof can.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
Samer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 01:19 PM

Thanks Brain, I have improved a lot lately, I had couple issues or missunderstanding but they are solved, I have sold number of ouds to mikeouds members and they were happy !

why dont you check my palmyrami store now. In 10 days you will see how Im separating the music insturments in a store and the rest of the items in another.

If anyone has an issue with palmyrami why does not he or she report it ? palmyrami@gmail.com

You have 7 days to try the oud, if you dont like it just repack it and ship it back for a full refund including shipping cost !

the oud is in a great condition, does not need any fixing. you can see that from the pictures.

We really made a lot of effort to buy this oud, We were offered over 100 most were either fake or in a very bad condition. We ended up buying like 5. 2 for Nahat for 3 for other makers.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any question, We just purchased Fadel oud its a piece of art, but needs nearly 2 months to be in the US.

Take care,
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top