Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Is It Fadil oud???????????????
hama
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-10-2008 at 07:56 AM

Akram, I was just posting a sound file this time and not asking about teh oud itself , i t has been confirmed that the oud was made by one of Mohamed Fadil sons ( Omer) and it is not fake
Sam
Oud Junkie

Mood: Selling Ouds

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 05:09 PM

i dont know bro .. i guess thats not muhammed fadhel's job

i saw old ouds of him here and some for sale
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Reda Aouad
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-8-2009 at 12:46 PM

Hama.. don't worry about the quality of the recording.. it is good enough and shows clearly the sound of your oud.. which is nice :) but yes the buzz on the bass strings is a bit annoying.. hope it gets better..

Mabrouk :)

ammar22
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 03:33 AM

hi to all i have bought this oud from mr hama he was asuch nice person to deal with .ya thanks mr hama the oud is gourges and the sound of it its more than nice .i dont care u pepoel what ever u say if its fake or not im more than happy and its mine now and its pure iraqi oud
thanks to all
rojaros
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-9-2009 at 01:17 PM

Hi there,
whoever made this oud - it sounds like you could go quite far with it with no regret, if playing is the issue. Very nice sound!

best wishes

Robert
hama
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 03:39 AM

Hi Amer
I am glad you like the oud and enjoying it like i did, it was very nice to meet you too and i am happy that the oud is in safe hands and is with some body who appreciates the oud.
it was confirmed by amember of fadil famil as well as by yaroub mohamed fadil that the oud is made by one of mohamed fadil sons( i have the email to prove that)
when i bought the oud , i didnt buy it to sell and make money and i can assure you that i didnt make any,
the only reason i sold it is to finance purchase of a new oud by Faruk Turunz,which I have ordered one last week and photos will be shown here as soon as i have received the oud,
also i am glad thT amer liked the oud , he had a chance to see the oud and try it,, i have insisted that he sholud come down to london and see the oud and try it for himself and test the oud ,to think about it before making a decision and that is what happened , he is a happy man now ,he called me next day to thank me and tell me how happy he was.

one thing i have noticed here is ( some people) will go through the pages and search for certain threads about ouds and lable them as fake without any reason or prove, and surprise surprise suddenly they come up with an original one themselves and offer it for sale, or suddenly they know a friend who can offer original ones and they put their email address on display here, if you want to sell your oud sell it but dont label other peoples oud as fake, what makes your oud more original than another? what prove do you have? stamps and lables dont always prove alot , if the lable on my oud could be fake then that can apply to yours.

i hope this subject is closed now , and some people will think twice before accusing others.
ammar22
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 03:58 AM

hi hama
i would like to thank you and it was more than nice to meet you hama and its nice to hear thats your new oud of faruk turunz soon will be in your hands and im waiting to see the pictures and sound file here in this forume .......
ya dont worry hama about what pepoel says about the oud igot the oud and im more than happy hope to see u again hama
thank u
TAFTAF
Oud Lover

Mood: cool

info.gif posted on 6-17-2009 at 02:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nael  
Dear Hamada

Mohammed Fadel used only rose wood in this type of oud moving bridge and from the label you can know that this oud is done by Faiq he alwayes cheeting people and you didnt trust him. I have a lot of Fadil orginal oud one of them made in 1958 moving bridge and also 2 normal oud one of them was owned by famous oud player Ali Hassan for any inquries please contact me

that is not a nice thing to say on My Father. Mr. Faik Mohammed Fadhel was always a help and frank and all who meet him says so. but thank you I have no comments.
Mustafa Faik Mohammed Fadhel.
Duabi.
salam

MFMF
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
A_ash
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 9-3-2009 at 12:48 AM

so Many reasons the Aoud is not original.

the label is not ture, Mohamed Fadel would never sign his Aouds with any anybody else.

the keys are not the origianl since it has a special shape only familiers with Fadel Auods can notice the difference so IT IS NOT ORIGinAL
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 9-3-2009 at 03:27 AM

Not to reopen a sore, but I'd like to please understand. The label in the oud seems like it was printed on an inexpensive printer, and cut out from the paper with scissors. The photo itself shows no dithering (dots) but the label certainly does. The signatures seem done in ballpoint, but no idea if they match anything. Just for future reference, is it normal for a certificate label to look like this?

The oud sounds nice, but does not have the same timbre as the one from the .ppt file. The question oud came with the bottom strings off, and they sound like maybe the nut is notched a little too tight so these strings vibrate against each other? Or are the strings just too low ? anyway this hurts the bass. Easy to fix but is that a pride of Fadil oud?

It's really hard to tell with the JPG compression so severe, but the ouds shown on the web site seem to have a very refined finish, noticeable on the soundboard and bridge in particular. The question oud has a bit of that "utility oud" to it, nothing wrong with it, just not quite as polished. The peg heads also look different.

I'm here to learn. I would be happy to have this oud. So my questions are in the line of wanting to understand for the future, for my own purposes, not trying to be a smart-ass or offend anyone, I certainly don't claim to know anything about Fadil ouds. Can someone clarify on those points? Thanks

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top