Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beautiful turkish oud sale
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 02:19 AM
Beautiful turkish oud sale

The maker of this beautiful oud is Erdal usta. He lives in Izmir/turkey. He makes oud, tanbur, saz, baglama, rebab, kopuz and old ottoman instruments.

The oud was made on august 2008. Has a typical turkish sound very nice. The soundboard was made by the sistem from old armenian master "Hacik Atamyan". The bowl is black. Sondboard-caucasian spruce. Rosettes-horn. And many inlays of mother of pearl.

The oud is now in Germany/Hamburg. Cost 1000 $ + 300 $ (shipping and case)= total 1300 $. (Shipping in Germany costs 10 €)

Other instruments from erdal usta costs 500 $ without inlays.

For contact please write - miftah@web.de -
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 02:21 AM
Erdal usta

Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 02:22 AM
Erdal usta-2

Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 02:23 AM
Erdal usta-3

nadir
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 03:57 AM

I don't believe this.
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 05:11 AM

Dear Hamburglu,

I have merged your four threads into one, but I would ask you to use the "edit" function to replace all four of the photos with photos resized to a maximum 800 pixels wide and please rotate photos 2 and 4 so that they display correctly.

Regards,

Greg
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 08:41 AM

Hamburglu ,

Outside of your word that you are an honest person, why should someone buy and oud from you unless they pick it up in person? How do I know that you won't ship me a poor quality oud or you're sending me a broken oud... What protection do I have?

Would you be willing to send the oud via post to someone on the board who had a good reputation first and then have payment sent after they received the oud? The terms of your offer puts ALL the risk on the buyer... would you be willing to accept some of that risk as the seller?

Also, if the oud was broken in transit, how would you make it right? Insurance claims in the US go to the seller and not the buyer, will you take responsibility for any loss?

Chris Walters
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 11:46 AM

Erdal usta made for me two ouds. I have showed both oud yildirim palabiyik (best oud maker in IZMIR) and he like both oud. He was very wondered. You can ask Yildirim he is a very good friend from me.

I will sell this oud because i dont like black bowl, the other oud has walnut bowl that i will keep. Until now i havent sent a oud so i will hear at your suggestions. A friend sent a oud with normal post in hardcase an it was broken. Than he sent another oud with international parcel and it wasn't Textbroken so i will sent my oud in hardcase with intenational parcel (TNT, Fedex,UPS) but this is expensive. I wait of your suggestions.

Furthermore i have bought five ouds from Yildirim palabiyik. Two for me(one with spruce soundboard and one with red cedar) and three for friends. I recommend his ouds every people. You can ask him about my honesty. My name is -Mutlu-.

Greg excuse me but i sent my first post in this forum so i have made mistakes. I will improve these. Please help me.
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 9-23-2008 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamburglu
Greg excuse me but i sent my first post in this forum so i have made mistakes. I will improve these. Please help me.

I have fixed these pictures for you Mutlu.

Regards,

Greg
samerali
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 02:34 AM

Hi
what would be the final price for this oud?
KR
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 03:48 AM

Hey can someone explain the antagonism that is happening here, it would be nice to clear it up.

Regards

Leon
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 03:50 AM

The final price is 800+300(shipping)= 1100$ -> outside germany
price in germany 820$ include shipppng
You would like this oud which have a dark and warm sound so have old turkish oud and a long sustain. Give me your email adress so i can send you other pictures.
journeyman
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 05:46 AM

Quote:
Hey can someone explain the antagonism that is happening here, it would be nice to clear it up.

I was wondering that myself. For one thing, buying an oud from another location and having it shipped is always risky, but that is what insurance is for. Aside from that, I'll pose the same question. Why the hostility towards someone introducing themselves for the first time with an oud for sale? Also, Hamburglu is introducing a luthier new to this forum, and that is positive, isn't it?

Roy
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 09:20 AM

I apologize for the antagonism right out of the gate towards Hamburglu. At the time of his offer, we were getting hit over and over from people who would sign up on the forum and try to sell Ouds. Some of them were found to be false. For example, the multiple ouds from Dr. Atef as well as the 123Saif/Oud-man character. Since I live in an area where it is impossible to pop down to the music store our Luthier's shop to try out a product before I buy it. Perhaps I'm a little sensitive to people trying to rip off the members of this board - I live in North Carolina, so if I want a nicer oud, then I pretty much have to rely on buying online. Given some of the recent drama of people signing up onto this board to exploit or rip off the musicians on here - I'm afraid Hamburglu bore the brunt of my emotion. That being said, Hamburglu has 9 posts, 100% of which are in the buy and sell ouds section. So "I" would be very wary about buying an oud from him without having some assurance that I'm not going to get ripped off. In truth I still have no idea if he is trustworthy or a good seller. If I was to buy an oud from him, I would probably be more likely to buy the oud on eBay since I do have some protection in the case of fraud through that channel.

While I do enjoy seeing new luthiers bring their work to the forum, I do believe there are some things which we should question. In the post above, Hamburglu has pasted pictures of the maker in Turkey. Other than that, there is nothing in terms of an introduction -- Just a here is the product and here are some pictures of the maker in his workshop. When I asked the question - "Would you be willing to send the oud via post to someone on the board who had a good reputation first and then have payment sent after they received the oud?" I was dead serious. Since he has no reputation on the board I did not think it was unreasonable. However, the tone of my post was WAY too harsh and comes off as an accusation and for that I apologize.

In terms of insurance, at least in the US through FedEx, UPS and I believe DHL - Insurance is something that benefits the Seller... I got ripped off when I bought an $150 oud on eBay and it showed up shipped in the case with no packing - it was of course broken. I contacted the seller and their response was "Wow, that sucks - I'll be more than happy to send you any $$ that UPS refunds to me" -- needless to say, UPS was unwilling to honor the claim because it was packed so poorly and outside of negative feedback on eBay - I was pretty much out of luck on the transaction. So the lesson to me was to confirm from the seller that they will make it right if it's damaged -- if nothing else, that gives me the ability to go to my Credit Card company or Paypal and have grounds to have the charges reversed. However, the tone in which I wrote was unfair to Hamburglu - I cannot blame him for my experience in the past. This has also happened to another member, Francis, had ordered an oud from Switzerland and had a very similar experience. In those cases where we're dealing with a middle-man and not the luthier directly, I think it warrants more caution.

But I would still caution anyone not to buy from someone on the board unless they either
1. Have made contributions outside of the Buy and Sell Ouds forum
2. Have enough posts that you feel like they have some sort of stake in their reputation
3. Others on the board have bought from them and can share their experience
4. Physically pick up the oud and play it prior to giving them a dime.

Once a seller has an established reputation, things change - but until then there is a tremendous amount of risk for the buyer...

So please forgive me for the tone of my earlier post. I would still be interested to know Hamburglu's response though as he did not actually answer my question.

Chris Walters
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 02:37 PM

other photos
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 02:39 PM

other photo
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 02:51 PM

photo 3
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 10-23-2008 at 02:53 PM

photo 4
rojaros
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-5-2008 at 02:32 PM

This Oud is on Ebay for 550 Euro + shipping. Pictures are identical...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150307745357&...

Could you clarify this?

Regards
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 11:11 AM

Yes, i have put the same oud for selling into ebay. This is my last price.
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 11:24 AM

Hope it's in better shape than the one you sold HERE

It appears that while my earlier antagonism was premature it does not appear to be unfounded.

Chris Walters
whisperoftheoud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 04:25 PM

Dear Friends,

We know Mr. Mutlu ,He bought many ouds from us and he is really very good men
His oud (picture) is good , we saw and try it.
You can trust this men and we can be guarantee for Mr.Mutlu.

Turkish Oud Team
http://www.turkishouds.com
rojaros
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 03:09 AM

I intuit you play a strange game here.
While you tried to pretend to me to be just an oud player
not much caring for the details of the oud, from what I gather
(from all the information coming in) you seem to be an
oud dealer of a kind.

I think you wouldn't obtain all these reactions from us
If you reacted sensibly to my - I think as the participants
of this forum all agree on - justyfied complaints.

I also wrote you it's not a matter of money, it's a matter of
attitude toward another human being, musician and customer.

I'm really sorry, it would have been so easy to sort things out
and everybody had been much happier.

Still I have to say, the oud you sold to me is basically a very
nice instrument, and its more your way of acting that was very
disappointing to me.

On the other hand there was a lesson to learn for me as well.

best wishes

Robert

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamburglu
Yes, i have put the same oud for selling into ebay. This is my last price.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 09:34 AM

Hello all- after the recent experiences some members in this forum have had of ouds being sold through 'middle men', it is understandable why we need to be cautious.

I am curious why Erdal Usta does not list these ouds himself in this forum. If he is making many nice instruments, and wishes to sell them, he ought to have a website and let us deal directly with him. I welcome new and young oudmakers who are sincere and love their work.
If you are reading this Erdal, and are sincere about selling ouds and related instruments, please come and join this forum and introduce yourself, you'll find many friends here.
Hamburglu
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-12-2008 at 11:39 AM

Hello Matthew.
Erdal is a friend from me, and he make nice instruments, unfortunately he can not speaking english, therefore i want help him. He will make a website on next time, but he can not english so if you ask him or send a mail i must answer for him. It gives not another way. Its a very big problem or you learn turkish than you can speak with him personally

Go To Top