Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Garabet Der Bedrossian and Nazih Ghadban ouds
journeyman
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 05:57 PM
Garabet Der Bedrossian and Nazih Ghadban ouds

OK, I'll try one more time to sell these ouds and I promise I won't bug you all again. I have reduced the Ghadban as much as I can to $2500 including case and shipping. Here is the link to the pictures: http://mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=7493#pid47006

The sound file is too big to post, so e mail me and I can send it to you.

I just got the Garabet Der Bedrossian back from the Al-Tayyar brothers with the neck set done and it plays much better. This oud is all original except for the bone nut, made in 1976 I think and has had all restoration and repairs done expertly. The scale is about 62 1/2 CM so this is a big oud. Here is a link to the pictures: http://mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=7321#pid46593

If anyone would like a sound file, send me your e mail address and I will send it along. All questions are welcome and I know the history of this oud going back to Syria. I am the second owner. The original appraised value was very high but I think it was appraised too high so hopefully this will be more reasonable. I have no case but will pack it well. The price is $2100 including shipping and insurance.

As I will have to get another oud, I would be interested in a Sukar model 213 or model 210 + cash. Those are the only two Sukars that I would be interested in though. All the best.
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 01:05 PM

Hi Roy, Cant help mate but feel sure they will sell, I remember when you sent me an amazing sound clip of the Ghadban, lovely sound and playing. Keep plugging these ouds from time to time because they are top quality and sooner or later a buyer will show up. You are not bothering anyone by reminding us of quality ouds for sale. Take care, C.
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 01:37 PM

Hello Roy

If I had the money I'd buy it instantly, honestly I would ... I just hope it goes to a good home.

Best wishes

Leon
GeorgeK
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 06:09 AM

I'm with Leon on this one. These instruments look very beautiful.
Samer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 08:41 AM

I love your oud, very nice, I have seen number of Bedrossian ouds but this is one of the nicest I have seen so far.

Try to post it on ebay, you might find a buyer there.

Good luck.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Andy
Oud Junkie

Mood: excellent

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 10:38 AM

I own one of his ouds too but in comparison my oud is much less ornate and in terrible condition after owning it for 49 years. You have a beautiful oud.

Go To Top