Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need an Egyptian Oud.
nadir
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 09:30 PM
Need an Egyptian Oud.

Don't forget that just like with other instruments, an oud can sound better once it has been used. If you are willing to spend up to $1000 then I would seriously send Viken Najarian an email (najouds@aol.com) and inquire about his A-100 model.

By his definition, the oud is a "beginner to intermediate" but by oud instrument standards the quality and reputation are both of the highest caliber. He uses the finest hand-chosen woods from exclusive dealers . I have had very pleasant experiences with him and highly recommend his work.

ALSO, he is originally from Beirut!! :D He lives in Los Angeles now.

If you do not want to wait to have your own oud built (2 - 4 weeks usually; closer to 2.5), there is also a person that is selling a professional grade all rosewood oud that is based in Seattle, Washington. They will be able to ship immediately and it is being sold on behalf of an oud musician. They can ship to Lafayette with no problem.

My personal recommendation would be to get the Najarian.

Please feel free to U2U contact.
nadir
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 09:33 PM

http://www.oud.net is the site of Najarian Music, their number is also 714 970 2396. You could leave a message on the voice mail as well.

Go To Top