Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dhafer Youssef (oud) and Britten Sinfonia - 14 November 2008 London
brittensinfonia
Oud Admirer

Mood: Happy

light.gif posted on 10-30-2008 at 08:03 AM
Dhafer Youssef (oud) and Britten Sinfonia - 14 November 2008 London

Hi All,
Sorry to shamelessly plug but the following event should really appeal to any oud lover! Dhafer Youssef (amazing!)and Joanna MacGregor join Britten Sinfonia
on Friday 14th November for the opening night of the London Jazz Festival. Its set to be an amazing concert - an eclectic mix of East European music, North African influences, Jazz and Classical. The gig is at London Southbank Centre’s
Queen Elizabeth Hall at 7.30pm, tickets £10 - £35.
Box Office 0871 663 2500
Book online at http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk more info at http://www.brittensinfonia.com

The programme is:

Arvo Pärt Fratres
Gabi Lunca selected songs
arranged by Joanna MacGregor
Arvo Pärt Psalom
Dhafer Youssef Wind and Shadows
Dhafer Youssef Jazz Trio
Bartók Rumanian Folk Dances (excerpts)
Bartók Burletta from String Quartet No. 6
Arvo Pärt Summa
Dhafer Youssef Odd Poetry

Dhafer Youssef's music blends Sufi traditions, world and jazz influences, with Arabic lyricism and mysticism. Drummer Satoshi Takeishi and bassist Peter Herbert are
added to the mix; both highly regarded in their own right and spiritual partners in Dhafer’s music. Britten Sinfonia's season brochure is attached so you can see what else we're playing this season.

Hope to see some of you there,

Frances
Raabiah
Oud Maniac

Mood: lost in a world of oudism

[*] posted on 11-3-2008 at 12:20 PM

omg! i would have loved to see Dhafer argh, yikes! too late i already got a gig booked just two days before it :( thats a shame if only i had known earlier. maybe next time now :'(
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top