Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: ho made this oud
Jassim
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Player

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 11:12 AM

its funny thing
akram you post this oud in many fourms asking who made this oud !!!!!!!!!!!and now you say that you order this oud from abo alla??????????? you order this oud and now you ask who made it :mad:??????????

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 11-4-2008 at 11:12 AM

Just to respond to Shareen's comment:

The reason it's okay to copy a dead person's design, but not someone who is living, is that the dead person is dead, while the living person is living. It's obvious--you cannot harm the interests of a dead person. He does not need to eat, keep a roof over his head, purchase clothing, etc. If he has feelings, presumably they are somewhat removed from the activities of this world.

YouTube lessons and resources

Follow on Instagram
My oud music on YouTube
www.brianprunka.com

My u2u inbox is over capacity, please contact me through my website
Jassim
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-5-2008 at 12:05 AM

Shareen's
first: this oud is not good looking
its not allowed to copy any thing from any one befor takeing Authorize from him

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 11-6-2008 at 10:08 PM

Again, I don't think Abu Ala meant to "copy" the oud. He may have used some design elements from it, that's it. Believe me he doesn't need to copy anyone's instruments. He makes his own great ouds all by himself. I own one. The oud I have has inlay that one may say he "copied" from Nazih...lo and behold he showed me a book of inlays that is available to all luthiers to use and our favorite luthiers have used them. Why don't we just call it "paying tribute" to other builders, like we do in the guitar world, where it's no big deal to use the design ideas of another luthier if it works. Mr. Turnruz, I am sorry if you think I "abused" you. Maybe it's a language thing, but I didn't mean it that way. Take a "chill pill" as we say in New York. Relax!! You are the greatest! Why be so angry? :wavey:
jass
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 12:20 AM

Whats everybody so upset about?

This maker has just copied Turunz rossettes and pickguard hardly enough to make it a Turunz oud. Everyone knows the amazing quality of Turunz ouds, so its sound should be its defense. I wouldnt worry about it. Just play it in good health...

Oud makers have copied other ouds for years, oud makers when they start out have to have a reference point and it would be interesting to know if Turunz has ever copied another oud in the beginning? perhaps a Manol or double sound board?

Also, rossettes and pickguards can be outsourced made by other people and sold in sets to the maker, so no big deal. So, is then Jameel a fake for copying Nahats? no!!!!!! Its a Jameel oud and a fine one at that with some design aspects of Nahat. Just see it as sharing knowledge, or sharing happiness. Im sure there isnt a queue for this oud maker and Turunz rossettes, so Turunz can rest assured...

I think Shareen makes a good point, Jassim should relax, he sounds like he is on the Turunz payroll...its not really a big deal...Happy oud playing!
Jassim
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 01:03 AM

jass
first im not on turunz payroll turuz is my freind and Be polite agine
second
most of the syria makers i cant say all of thim but lets say 98% cheat the custmers by copying mahamad fadel ouds and turunz oud and other makers i think you like other maker to do that ?
and when akram post this oud here and ask about the maker name and he knows who is the maker
why didnt you talk about that?
and did you know that not only akram post the oud here
he post it in zeryab too and other fourmes asking pls people pls oud players tell me how made this lovely oud????
i think he want to show that abo alaa can steel another maker oud

Jassim
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 01:11 AM

maybe me and you know the original turunz oud but others dont know and dont have Experienced to know
i know some players pay more than 4000 $ for ouds then they find thats its not origenal its copy !!!
and i sow akram sell some ouds why did he tell abo alaa to copy turunz Design? mabe to sell it in high prise?
why did he didnt tell abo alaa i want abo alaa Design if he is a good maker and love his ouds?
its so Weird !!!!!

farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jass
if Turunz has ever copied another oud in the beginning? perhaps a Manol or double sound board?

ust see it as sharing knowledge, or sharing happiness. Im sure there isnt a queue for this oud maker and Turunz rossettes, so Turunz can rest assured...

I think Shareen makes a good point, Jassim should relax, he sounds like he is on the Turunz payroll...its not really a big deal...Happy oud playing!

First point: I have never copied another oud in the beginning and during my career. If I had done that I am sure I would have not been lost trough Physics and Mathematics books for almost 10 years to understand how a musical instrument functions.

Second point: That rosette design was created by an artist teaching "Ottoman Decoration Arts" in the Faculty of Fine Arts of Istanbul Fine Arts University on my special order and I paid a good deal for it. What happens if I sue Abo Alaa for using that design which is protected by copyright!!!!

Third point: You had better deal with your own affairs. It's non of your business, gentleman! Or is it? Jassim is a very honorable musician and expert who can distinguish and evaluate ouds. Why are you assaulting without any achievement if you are not payrolled by some one!

Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 06:05 AM

Dear Faruk

I think I may have said this before in similar circumstances. You shouldn't have to worry about his, your ouds are so good, universally respected and unique that they are beyond needing to be defended - they 'speak' for themselves. I would even say that they are beyond copyright, just because something looks a bit like the real thing is just on the surface.

You don't need to justify yourself on this forum, we know you are a master luthier and nobody here can deny this ... if they do then what do they know? if a dog calls a cat a dog it will not start barking. Please don't worry s much, your ouds are superb:)

My best wishes and respect

Leon
Josh
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 06:45 AM

as in my fist post, why did the original poster ask who made the oud when they new who made it? I think he owes everyone an explanation
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ararat66
Dear Faruk
You don't need to justify yourself on this forum
Leon

Thank you dear Leon for your appreciative of merit. You are absolutely right... There are many beloved people on this forum who justify me and the truth better than I can do with my inefficient English!

dubai244
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 08:49 AM

Hi,

I am honored that i own an oud made by the best oud maker in the world, Mr.Faruk Turunz. I have other professional ouds but non of them is even close to Mr.Faruk Turunz oud.

In the other hand, I am really shocked that some people they dont know what "ART" means. Any ART in this world has a copy right by it is owner. No body in this world can claim that he invent this peice of art. Some people want to convert this ART to money and "akram" case is a good example. This fake oud was a test for the people in this forum to see if it can pass and sell it with high price claiming is Mr.Faruk oud or turkish oud without caring about the copy right or the feeling of the orignal maker. These kind of people are not qualified to be artist, because they dont know the value of the art and they want to destroy this beautifull art.

Akram, Please answer following qestions:
1. Why did you ask people about "Who make this oud" while you know the answer?
2. Did you ask "Abu.abdulla" to make this oud for you?

Note: If you dont answer these questions then we already knew it !!

Thanks
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 09:09 AM

hey guys

faruk again and again amazing ouds and even if 100 people tell you that you know its true.

about abu allah, i dont know why he would wanna copy faruks master peices. i know they are amazing but oud makers have there own dictintive ouds and they are known for it. abu allahs ouds are amazing sound and craftmanship is great .

faruks is the same but they are 100% differ .

so on the other hand idk why one oud master would go into someones elses teritory when they have there own ouds and ideas.

thx sammy

we are lost camels in the desert and wanna find our way to water and the water is in aden
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-7-2008 at 09:10 AM

Hey Guys,

Many of you make a valid point here and no one questions Oustaz Faruks' prestige in sound, structure and design of his ouds, so this is ok.

Although it is a compliment in a way that the Oud maker Abou Alaa likes Oustaz Faruk Turunz' design, It is really really UNFAIR to Oustaz Faruk that he should use it.
Oustaz Turunz has worked hard and committed long hours in creating that design and I think it should be a matter of respect and integrity from Abou Alaa not to copy the design and sell it as his own.
Oustaz Faruk is alive today(God lengthen his life and give him strength:) and he has a small workshop, not a big guitar factory who can afford to be undercut with fakes or replicas, so his design should be respected. And although copyright in such matters are hard to enforce, integrity, morality, common courtesy and respect should rule.
Oustaz Faruk has every right to be upset about this and I hope that these replicas do not contine to be manufactured...

All the best,

JT
shareen
Oud Junkie

Mood: Dreaming

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 05:45 PM

Let's get one thing straight. Akram never offered this oud for sale? English is not his first language (like many others on the forum). I think this whole thing was done rather innocently. Everyone needs to lighten up here.
paulO
Oud Junkie

Mood: Utz

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 05:56 PM

Lighten up...good idea. So, Akram -- how about a sound sample :rolleyes: Okay, sorry....I just was curious....:shrug:

Cordially...Paul
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 03:38 AM

I think we ought to be careful reacting too strongly to things written in English if that is not your first language. I remember a letter from my Uncle Leon (God rest his soul) years ago who was Armenian. It was pretty offensive until I got my mother to translate the Armenian version ino English - It turned out t be totally the opposite in meaning and very funny, and kind.

Leon
suz_i_dil
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-9-2008 at 08:17 AM

Dear mr Faruk, as Leon, I just think you don't have to loose your time justifying yourself on the forum.

There is one thing sure which never may be copy from your instrument is their great sound. Moreover the finition of your ouds which is perfect and very few maker have the ability to make such work.
This kind of copy is just a proof of mediocrity in his behavior, and as any mediocr behavior I think you can just take it regardless.

Sincerely.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top