Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud for repair
dubai244
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-14-2008 at 08:49 AM
Oud for repair

Hi Guys,

I have got oud, the bowl made from Alternate wood Rose and Walnut. I would like to change the face of the oud But i have problem. Most of the maker they refuse to change for me and i totally understand that, because some maker they dont want to repair other people work".

I did change the face of the oud before and the maker did very good job and face look nice and very clean work. but the problem is the sound of the oud is hidden and abserbed for some reason. for this reason, i will would like to change the face of the oud again and i would like to make it floating oud.

Please advise if some body welling to change the face for me. Thanks for your help. Please send email if you wish to repair the oud for me. dubai244@hotmail.com

Note: sorry i can't send any picture of the oud because i dont want to offend the maker who made the repair for me. since it is very sensitive issue.
paulO
Oud Junkie

Mood: Utz

[*] posted on 11-14-2008 at 10:24 AM

Just my 2 cents -- I've had the top on one oud changed twice; once by John Merjanian (who was the original builder), and then once by Viken Najarian. I'm finally pleased with how it sounds -- but the catch is, you never know how it's going to turn out. Viken (najouds@aol.com) does this kind of work, but I don't know if he does floating bridge designs. But then there's the shipping and all that...well good luck man.

Regards..Paul
Jassim
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Player

[*] posted on 11-14-2008 at 10:51 AM

if you want my advise
send it to turunz and tell him to make it iraqi tuning that if he axept to change the sound bord

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
dubai244
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 02:22 AM

Hi,

Paulo, to send the oud to najarian it will cost me alot of money. I was looking for some body in the middle east area.

Jassim, Mr.Faruk is only doing Turkish ouds. Plus i want it Floating Bridge.

Any body els had good idea?! let me hear please

Thanks
Jassim
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud Player

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 03:24 AM

try to visit kuwait thin

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top