Printable Version  
Author: Subject: faruk turunz oud meeting videos
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 11:05 AM
faruk turunz oud meeting videos

dear friends

master faruk turunz has uploaded the double top oud videos on youtube and as soon as i saw them i wanted to share them with you and here they are.

sevgili faruk usta
gercekten inanilmaz udlar ve yurdal hocanin inanilmaz yorumu gercekten cok guzel bu udlarda emegi gecen herkeze sonsuz tesekkurler ellerine saglik ve allah size uzun omurler versin sevgili faruk usta versinki udu daha iyi noktalara ulastirabilesiniz tekrar tesekkurler.

1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypnHFeX1bE
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y6bUUtKlkc
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imh-GbYMxQk
4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDPUvhI2L78
5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H2H7JJ7U_E
6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELMl4yAId8
7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0FhNw6C84

enjoy guys
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 11:51 AM

Dear oudipoet,

I think you know it though you are livin in the USA but many of the members of this forum may not have been on notice that access YouTube has long banned from Turkiye!!!

I copied the videos to a CD and sent it to my son living abroad and he uploaded them to YouTube. My son telephoned me to inform that he has already uploaded them and sent an e-mail containing the links of them. Having received that e-mail I logged in the Forums to notify that I kept my promise and give the links of the videos on YouTube. I saw that you had done it! What a fastness it is and big surprise!!!
Thank you anyway for your effort and praising words.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
oudipoet
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 11:59 AM

dear master faruk

many thanks to you just trying to share the gorgoues sound of your ouds with our friends in the forum.
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 02:46 PM

Well instead of prcticing oud tonight on my oud I have just sat through all of those video twice, a great night's work from me - just brilliant playing, really subtle, and fiery, innovative, and deeply rooted in the traditional palatte of sounds of the oud. This is what I love so much about oud is how contemporary the improvised form is - listen to the great masters and they are doing astounding things with music, really radical even listening now ... and the oud is THE instrument, still wild, free and fretless.

What was the first piece in video 4, anyone know - it sounded familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Thanks Usta Faruk and congratulations on your innovative and passionate oudmaking.

Thank you to Yurdal, I'd like to come on your Greek course when the poor English pound recovers a bit (I nearly came this Spring but wasn't ready ... Iam now!!). I'm glad you are in good health after difficult times - youre playing is inspirational.

Best wishes

Leon
Kelly
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 02:58 PM

LOvely playing Yurdal really coaxing all the different colours and shades out of that terrific oud. Its certainly inspiring for me. I'll be burning the midnight oil for sure!!

Kelly
Clayton
Oud Maniac

Mood: Calm

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 04:46 PM

I know what I'll be doing tonight... Thank you for posting these gems!
Clayton

dubai244
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-15-2008 at 08:10 PM

Dear Mr.Faruk,

Thank you very much for posting these great videos and i really love it and i heared them over 3 times now. And thanks for great player Mr.Yurdal who had brightened this event with his playing. Hopefully i can attend the next meeting in the future.

Many thanks for Oudipoet who shared this videos with us. :bowdown: :)

Thanks ;)
Microber
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-16-2008 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ararat66

What was the first piece in video 4, anyone know - it sounded familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Best wishes

Leon

This piece is a Hijaz saz semai Garip, a composition of Goksel Baktagir. I love that semai. I learn it by ear. And it's the first time I hear it played with oud solo.
A very nice version with the ensemble of Goksel Baktagir.

Robert
Amer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-16-2008 at 01:12 PM

What a great project Mr. Faruk..

I'm glad there are people like yourself who present the oud "the way it should be".. :applause:

Those videos are going on my ipod now!! :xtreme:

Thanks, and god bless you!!
PeppeOud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-16-2008 at 04:35 PM

AAAAH!
Great to watch at this!
Can't wait to get my grand concert oud from you dear Usta! :D
P.S. Please take my best greetings to Yurdal Tokcan and Ufuk Khan Icli if you hear from them.

Peppe
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 11-16-2008 at 05:49 PM

What a great event! It's really wonderful that so much was captured on video for those of us who couldn't come. Thank you Mr. Turunz, for your thought, organization, and for such wonderful instruments. :)

Yurdal's playing is really inspired, God bless his hands.

Though all the instruments sound wonderful, it does seem that the double soundboard is stronger and fuller (I've only heard the first and second instruments so far).

The objective of having a more balanced, strong, and lasting projection on all notes, including the most treble notes, seems to have been achieved.

What does everyone else think? I probably need to listen to all clips several times to really get a better idea, but so far, that is my reaction.

There is also the factor of spruce "opening up" over time, usually not immediately, and of course the fact that one oud with a traditional top can outperform another with the same woods/construction, but I think that with the instruments heard in these clips that the double soundboard ouds are a few steps ahead.

Wow, what beautiful playing by Yurdal. Amazing...

Bravo to the maker and the player, both are incredibly talented and innovative, a perfect match.

Take care,

mavrothis

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
farukturunz
Oud Junkie

Mood: hopeful

[*] posted on 11-17-2008 at 04:45 AM
THANKS TO EVERYONE

Hello Leon, Kelly, Clayton, Ghazi, Robert, Amer, Giuseppe and Mavrothis! Thanks a lot for your precious remarks.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
theodoropoulos
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 12-21-2008 at 02:03 PM

faruk is amazing!!
trumpetlespaul
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 07:43 AM

Dear Friends,

The same videos with higher definition and quality are being uploaded to the fan page of Faruk Türünz on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Faruk-Turunz/50679806681

Enjoy!
katakofka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gypsy

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 08:32 AM

Professional and amazing both the maker and the player
Usta faruk, are you an advocate of varnishing the soundboard or you keep it free? Does the varnishing affect the sound in general?

Go To Top