Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Khalaf Gig Bag
Tom Moran
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-16-2009 at 02:52 PM
Khalaf Gig Bag

I almost posted this under the "Cold Snap" thread, as my Khalaf Oud gig bag arrived today on the coldest day we've had in years. My oud is now snug, warm, and protected. I wish that all of my soft shell instrument cases were this heavy duty. I like the stiffner which protects the face and the extra padding around the zipper. Hats off to Jameel for the thought that he put into this product.

If I could figure out how to do it, I'd give him a couple woo woo-ing smiley faces.

Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Learning

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 08:45 AM

Actually Tom, I find the Jimmy bag (he doesn't mind me calling him Jimmy) rather eddictive!!!
You might ask: How?
My job mandates that I travel a lot. That parted me from my ouds for extended periods of time until I bought the amazing Khalaf bag !!!!!
It is safe, robust, and well-made with Jameel's well-known artistic touch.
I started flying around with my ouds with no trouble. The pleasure to play the oud in a hotel room after a long, busy, stressful day is indescribable !!!!
One day, I decided not to carry my oud with me for a trip to Germany. I thought that I would be too busy to do anything but work and sleep!!!
That was a bad call !!!
I spent a whole long uncomfortable week aching to play my oud. Thus, I realized that "the withdrawl symptoms" I suffered were due to the Jimmy Bag !!!!
Congratulation, buddy. I know exactly how you feel. Just be careful, you might get addicted !!!!
Tom Moran
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 09:24 AM

If it can take a plane flight, I'm sure it'll be just fine in the back of the truck.

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 03:21 PM

:D

Go To Top