Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: a song by farid el atrache
wahid soltani
Banned

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-30-2009 at 04:23 AM
a song by farid el atrache

Please help me find the music sheet of the song "ahlifili" by Farid el Atrache or at least the name of the maqam, many thanks to all
Masel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 1-30-2009 at 04:51 AM

I dont have the sheet music and I dont know the song but I listened to part of it now, the basic maqam is bayat, I heard some hijaz too but mostly bayat. I know its difficult but I'd recommend getting used to learning to play songs by ear. That way you don't have to rely on the sheet music, plus you train your ear to become more sensitive and it becomes easier to differentiate different maqams.

wahid soltani
Banned

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-6-2009 at 04:32 AM
thanks to masel

thanks for the tip, I actually was almost convinced it was a nahawand, I will try the Bayati maqam, thanks again, your informatiopn helps, I am still a beginner and you are right, the music should be learnt by the ear, I know very great but unknown oud players who cannot read and write because they never went to school , they are fishermen in Algiers!!!
The music sheets help me a great deal for the classical guitar because I started very late( past 40!), thanks once more, Masel

Go To Top