Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud shops in Tunisia
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 2-5-2009 at 07:15 AM
Oud shops in Tunisia

I am off to Tunisia in May with my girlfriend, a cheap package holiday. Im curious to know if anyone can tell me where I may try some ouds. We are some way from Tunis but quite close to Monastir which is where we fly to. We are only there for a week so a long search for ouds may not be possible. Any suggestions/contacts welcome. Charlie. :airguitar:
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 2-5-2009 at 07:19 AM

Hey Charlie, hows it going?

The only Oud place I know is in Tunis, Mohammed Fadel's place, his Ouds are quite expensive I believe but he makes awesome Iraqi floating bridged Ouds.

I will find you his email etc if you want, but its a bit further away from where you are staying... hope you find a nice Oud anyway. ;)
zou
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-6-2009 at 02:12 AM

hi charlieoud
you can contact : abdelhamid haddad in the little city of korba 100 km from tunis
he is an outstanding oudmaker
ziad
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-6-2009 at 10:40 AM

Thanks Owain and Ziad, Im happy with my Sukar but want to make the most of a trip into oud country. Ziad, do you have any contact details for Abdelhamid?. Owain, yeah please post email for Mohammed Fadel if you have it. Cant wait for UK oud get together 2009, whenever it is?. Ive been offline for a while, is there any talk of this years meet yet?. C
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 2-6-2009 at 01:56 PM

Hi Charlie, Mohammed's website is http://www.yaroubfadhel.com but it is down at the moment and has been for quite a while. His email is:

yaroub.1960@hotmail.com

I have him added on MSN, but he probably checks his email too. It's worth knowing however, that his English isn't so good. But I'm sure you could ask him where he is located and arrange a meet.

Not sure when the next UK Oud get together is mate, but I hope it's not in the middle of summer, because I won't be the UK at that time (for 6 weeks). :(
wahid soltani
Banned

[*] posted on 2-7-2009 at 10:52 AM

hello, Charlie

I am also planning a trip to Tunisia from Southern France, obviously to try ouds of all kinds, I will supply later once I get them from a friend who is now on a trip abroad ,the adress and name of a brilliant luthier not very far from the beautiful small city of Mahdia, 100 miles or so from Tunis, this luthier is honest and make great ouds for almost nothing( 500 us dollards for ouds similar to the those made by Wissam Joubran who asks sometimes 6000,00 euros which is injustified and looks rather like robbery some people say),good luck, wahid
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-7-2009 at 11:47 AM

Um, mods, I don't know what Wahid's experience has been, but it seems there might be something of a character assassination going on here. I personally don't mind people promoting their wares on this site if they're above board, but when it's coupled with sustained attacks on respected craftsmen it seems to me a little dodgy.

Wahed, my apologies if there is a real issue behind the three posts you've made on this, but I still don't think this is the way to air it.
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 2-7-2009 at 12:08 PM

Hi Owain, Charlie, Dave and the others

Where are you going this summer Owain, somewhere hot and udi I hope - we need to start a new thread for the 2009 UK oud meeting!!!

Leon:xtreme::xtreme:
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-8-2009 at 05:51 AM

Right you are Leon, switching channel.
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-8-2009 at 11:06 AM

Thanks for your help Wahid, please let me know the name and contact details for this maker when you have them. Charlie

Go To Top