Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Buy Oud Online...
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-5-2009 at 04:44 AM

I think you'll be happy with your desecion. I forgot to mention though, I have bought two other instruments from CEM, a Duduk which was awful because it wasn't even a Duduk (but it was cheap so I can't complain.) and a Saz which is very playable, loud and has a great sound!! No complaints there. Their delivary was fast in all cases, the Saz only took one day with standard delivary, and their packing is excellent... Let us know what you think!
Marlin
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-22-2009 at 03:48 AM

hello guys
so i received the oud!
It looks good, it sounds good, but...
it's impossible to hold a good tune.
the pegs rotate...
do you know what i can do?
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-22-2009 at 04:18 AM

Hi Marlin, I'm glad you recieved it and are happy with the sound. The pegs not holding the tuning ins't a big problem, it might be because the Oud and Strings are new, so give it a few weeks. For now though, what I'd do is untune the strings, and then one string by one string, tune up again, but this time as you rotate, push INWARDS towards the pegbox. That should do it, but make sure you don't push to hard or you might end up getting the pegs stuck! :mad: If that doesn't work either, I've heard people use that stuff to stop voilin pegs slipping.. I can't remember the name but I'll find out later...

Good luck, and happy Ouding, don't forget to practice and then do a taqsim and put it in the "Members sound clips" section!! :applause:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top