Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NEED Help on some repair questions
Mysterious48
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-30-2004 at 12:04 AM
NEED Help on some repair questions

This may seem shallow but i got an oufd about a couple weeks ago and tonight a lent it out to a friend for a grad party because the musicians oud had some kind of malfuncion. Anyways when i got it back there was some scratches and a larger area of the bowl was scuffed maybe like the size of a softball. My friend feels really bad cuz he didnt intend for this to happen and i dont want to obligat him to anything. From a distance it may not be noticable but up close u can tell. Like i said the oud is new to me and was hopping i could maintain its condition as long as possible. Is there a way i can remedy the scuff marks on the bowl without making it worse?
Elie Riachi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gebran Tueni Lives For Ever, 12-12-05.

[*] posted on 5-31-2004 at 08:26 AM
Try at your own risk

Hello,
This applies to the back only. Depending on how skilled you are, you could sand the area lightly with 800 grit sand paper to remove the loose old varnish and to also remove the scratches from the wood. Wipe clean the area with a lent free cloth. Then apply a coat of clear varnish to the area following the direction on the can. The other alternative is to take it to a furniture maker and have them do the cosmetic repair on it.

Elie

Go To Top