Printable Version  
Author: Subject: To the President of Sukaristan
baglamatzis
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-23-2009 at 02:45 PM
To the President of Sukaristan

Hello, everyone.

I have been checking over the forum for the last few months and recently signed on as a member. With the help of member posts I managed to choose and finally get my first quality oud (Sukar Model 213).

While looking over topics I noticed that Charlie Oud was named the Sukar Club President but it seems that the club may have evolved into a nation. So Mr President I would like to apply for citizenship to Sukaristan and if possible could you name me Ambassador to Greece. My relatives are giving me a hard time about visiting and maybe I can get a cheap diplomatic flight. Thank you again everyone for your posts and the help that you provide. BTW I will soon be starting my first build.
baglamatzis
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-23-2009 at 02:50 PM
Back View

charlie oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: chords prefer frets

[*] posted on 3-24-2009 at 04:21 AM

Lovely Oud Baglamatzis, I really like it. I will forward a motion to my administration requesting you be made Sukaristan's Ambassador to Greece, not just because you have such a fine oud but also because you have invented the name "Sukaristan".

Before you did this we were a lost people, stuggling for identity with no sense of belonging,

Thankyou Oh Great one, for giving us a nation :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Unfortunately we are unable to offer cut price travel to Greece, but we are looking to secure diplomatic ties with our nieghbours in "Shehatazan". Together we can bring peace to all nations via ouds!!!. Then maybe we can work together and develop our magic carpets to go longer distances. Then you could have a very nice one because you are Ambassador to Greece, and visit your folks anytime.

Seriously though my friend , welcome to the forum and for showing us your oud, its a beauty, hope you like its sound and enjoy it. Charlie
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-24-2009 at 08:13 AM

P.S. you may also want to post these pics on a new thread i.e. "My new Oud" or something, as people will not know you have posted these lovely pics on this thread under the present title. C
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 3-24-2009 at 01:53 PM

Well! I speak as the president of Blondiestan. We have embassies in the back garden, Dave H's coal shed, and many sheds.

We have a 'no policy' policy, and currently struggle with an epidemic of ouditis for which there is no cure, sufferers must simply try to 'get on' with their lives as best as possible but our ministry of health describes this as the 'elephant in the living room'.

We would like cheap flights to Greece at all times but as yet nothing is forthcoming. We proudly fly our flag upside down and back to front. We have boundaries but they are like ever changing goalposts. Sukaristanis are always welcome - no visa needed.

I need to go and attend to some very important matters now, as I am sure you can appreciate ...

Leon Al Portsmouth
DaveH
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-25-2009 at 02:17 AM

Leon, not so important that you'll be missing the loya jirga here in Ghadbanistan, I hope.
Christian1095
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-25-2009 at 11:32 AM

Nice instrument.... I love my 213... It was the really nice inlay work that drew me to that model...

Play in good health... and thanks for naming our Nation.... :xtreme:

Chris - "Minister of Trying to Learn Longha Rhyiad"

Chris Walters
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 3-25-2009 at 12:10 PM

Hi Dave

Well I'm no longer president, just had a general election ... I had the casting vote ... er the only vote truth be told ... and I LOST !! how can that be ??

So fewer 'important matters', no more diplomatic duties, free to attend oud meetings again :xtreme:

Leon
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-25-2009 at 11:33 PM

:mad: A big Hi to you all :mad: :) :) :) Dont you just love this forum? !!! :bounce: :applause: :airguitar: C
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 03:27 AM

Lucky baglamatzis, I've always wanted a Sukur ever since I saw Charlie's ;) It looks great, I'm sure it plays and sounds great too. By the way Charlie, who is the "president" of "Shehatazan"? :))
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 04:05 AM

My foriegn secretary informs me they are at present accepting nominations following the sad loss of their President, Kopi de Nahat:bowdown:.It seems his wife had had enough, could'nt take anymore of the oud at 2am, so she hit him over the head with a darbuka. Witness's say the loss is all the more profound as he was half way through the finest bayati of his life when the assault occured.

Rumour has it that a young candidate from the province of Morecamberan is doing well in the polls. He plays well, I know because I've heard him, he owns a Shehata and would be a fine choice!. :D:
Owain-Hawk
Oud Junkie

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 05:24 AM

:applause: Thank you Charlie. Don't forget to vote! ;)

By the way, do I get one of those Naseer Shamma "king" chairs??
baglamatzis
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 08:30 PM
Sukari National Flag

President Charlie, thank you for submitting the motion and I'm glad that you like the name. I managed to put a flag together for your consideration. Also, i will be sure to post the sukar on the new oud thread.

Ararat66-you could take the Vladimir Putin route and declare yourself Prime Minister, that way you can stay in office as long as you want, keep diplomatic credentials and attend as many oud meetings as you like.

Christian 1095- I know what you mean the inlay work drew me to it as well, not to mention the nice deep sound. Reading yours, Charlie's and Samir Canada's comments helped to steer me in that direction.

Thank you Owain-Hawk, I put some low tension Aquillas on it and tuned it to DGADGC, love that lower Arabic tuning. Now I have to set aside my guitar playing habits and get used to the risha, not to mention that two hand tapping ala Eddie Van Halen on an oud can get pretty strange.
JT
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-26-2009 at 08:47 PM

Id like to nominate myself to be the President of Oudstralia...any followers? :)
charlie oud
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-28-2009 at 11:30 AM

Thats a cool flag Bagla,:applause:Well done mate!,I love it, and Im sure Mr Sukar would too, you have secured a place in the nation's history for your fine work. And thanks for this delightful thread, great to have fun like this on the forum. Enjoy the aquillas, I used them for a good while and may go back to them as they sound well.
JT, with your extraordinary talent you would make Oudstralia proud !

Charlie

P.S. Sadly I now fear a vote of non confidence in me due to the fact that I'd never heard of Qassabji until the recent postings by Reda. However, I have heard of Van Halen, and Peter Green is my one of my all time favorite guitarists. I wonder if this will make for a reasonable defence when the High Council cast their votes?.

Go To Top