Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nizar Rohana workshop - UK - interested?
DaveH
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-12-2009 at 11:34 PM
Nizar Rohana workshop - UK - interested?

Hello again all

This is a follow up to the UK oud gathering post to sound out your interest.

We agreed to keep the gathering amateur, informal and free, but some people expressed an interest in getting a professional over at some point for a more formal workshop. As you may know, Nizar is in the Netherlands at the moment and was keen to come across and meet us. He's there until the beginning of August, so I thought late July would be a possibility (while giving us enough time after the gathering to avoid overload!) The weekend of the 18th/19th would suit Nizar best.

I'm just sounding out whether and how many UK oudists would be interested. We would need to cover Nizar's travel, which I think should easily come in under £200, and perhaps a "symbolic fee". It would work out pretty reasonable, depending on the number of us. Lodging I think could probably be covered by whoever hosts - I'm happy to do so again but open to other suggestions.

So let us know your thoughts.
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 09:47 AM

Hi Dave- I'm sure there are a few of us who would be interested in attending a Nizar workshop for a weekend or whatever is possible. 200 quid shared amongst a group of oudies will help ease the total costs, and I am sure a flight from the Netherlands to UK would be less than that. It all depends on where, when, and so on. Do let Nizar know there is interest, keep us posted. cheers MW
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 12:40 PM

I'd like to attend if possible - I always feel a little shy as I don't read music or have any theoretical knowledge although I am very committed to my playing and am not at all deficient in musical sensibility (if that makes sense). I agree with Mat, covering costs between a group of us would be no problem.

Leon
Michael
Oud Maniac

Mood: M'oud-y

[*] posted on 5-13-2009 at 01:22 PM

Depending on dates and location count me in.

Go To Top