Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: afghan rubab
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-8-2009 at 12:43 AM

Hi Michoud,

I'll send some photos on to you soon.

Please PM or email me your contact details.

chaotikend
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 6-12-2009 at 11:25 AM

Hello RubabPlayer,
I've been looking for quality Rubabs outside Afghanistan for years, but have only come across the cheap imports from Mid-East Mfg. Please send me photos and prices of your rubabs to me. I live in the U.S. How much do you think shipping would be?
Thanks alot,
Shan
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-14-2009 at 04:02 PM

Hello Shan,

Thanks for your post.

I had the same problem when I was looking for a Rubab. Most on the market are not authentic and made from woods other than proper Mullberry.

The instruments I have are made by a well known master maker in Peshawar. He is famous for his decoration work as well as for the sound of the instruments. I play two of his instruments in our band RainInEden. One is a classical sized large instrument, the other is a standard sized instrument that is the best Rubab I have seen to date.

Here are some photos. I can send you more if you like.
http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p354/Tkoind/May_June%201009%20Ru...

Shipping to Canada for a recent order was about JPY17,000 or USD170.00 it is a bit expensive, but this is a pretty fast and safe shipping method though Japan EMS. Good tracking and we've never had any issues with their service.

Cheaper methods go via sea and I don't recommend it for instruments with skin or sensitive wood.

Please PM your email to me and I will send a few more photos also.

We can special order instruments too if you have something specific in mind. It takes about 30 days to have made.
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:56 AM

http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p354/Tkoind/May_June%201009%20Ru...

Hello Shan,

Sorry we had trouble with the link. Here is the correct one.
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-17-2009 at 05:06 PM

Update.

Three of the four Rubabs in stock are now reserved for clients. I have one remaining in stock plain Standard Size Rubab available. This is still available at the sale price.

Once this one is gone future instruments will be at regular price and will require the 30 day wait from our master maker's shop to produce the instrument.

I still have two Afghan dotar and one Tanbur available at sale prices.
radixfc
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-18-2009 at 11:22 PM

:D hi everybody!
if crisis doesn´t make me poor this year, I probably get one of those herati dutars from rubabplayer nexte year!
one question... has anybody heard about an afghan instrument called chahartar??? I think they call it to persan tar, but I´m not sure. Chahartar means four-strings in persian, and I found a really nice song in a compilation that is said to be played with this instrument
michoud, we must contact!!! we have so much in common! I live in Pamplona, and I also play citole and oud, and have a small collection of central asia lutes (setar, azeri tar, saz...) I also have a chinese pi-pa I bought in Kumming (Yunnan)... would you be interested in a change of my pipa to any of yours? un saludo!
I post a photo of my new citole in construction (By Evaristo Bretos), much bigger than the one played before

[file]9726[/file]
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-18-2009 at 11:32 PM

Not sure what a chaharta could be.

I know that along the western region there are instruments that are semi-persian Afghan instruments. Maybe that is another cross border exchange instrument. If you have a link to where I could hear the recording, I can ask our makers also.

Where did you pick up your Azeri Tar? I'm hoping to pick up the Uzbek cousin if I am able to travel to Uzbekistan later this year. I play the larger Persian Tar but love the interesting sound and string set up on the Azeri type. How are you tuning it?
radixfc
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-19-2009 at 02:46 AM

hi rubabplayer!
I took my azeri-tar from baku, a nice music shop close to te center, called Royal. I tried with other tar-makers and shops at Sekhi, but at the end a big shop with more than 50 tars to play was the best choice!
i post some photos about my tar hunting
the tunning I use the same as persian setar
radixfc
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-19-2009 at 03:02 AM

the track belongs to a cd "VA- Afghanistan.- Traditional music of Herat" and it´s called "Dokhtar amu Jan". I have no links and no choice to edit my file to attach... sorry
I post another photo playing citole (for michoud)
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-22-2009 at 12:02 AM

June Sale is nearly over. I have one remaining standard size plain Rubab available. This is a great instrument with wonderful sound. We've had several inquiries so first to place a confirmation order will take this one home.

The conflice in the region has made work on new instruments a little slower than usual. Our makers have now set up secure places to continue their work and are offering custom orders again. So we can take custom special orders for Rubab, Tanbur and Dotar. Turn around is still about 30 days from order to shipping.

The maker wishes to help promote the larger Classical Sized Rubab. These are larger instruments with a 70-75cm scale length and the most amazing natural reverb from the depth and size of the body. There are very few of these in circulation outside top Afghan players and offers a distinctive sound and feeling over the standard size instruments.

These are better for experienced musicians as the size makes it a little harder to handle. I play both and find the larger instrument a bit more challenging.

If you would like to know more, please contact me. I can send along some photos of my instrument for reference.

RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-25-2009 at 04:42 PM

One more plain Rubab left. This is a great instrument. Wonderful sound, great workmanship and a rare chance to own an instrument made by one of the best Afghan Rubab makers still in practice.

chaotikend
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-13-2009 at 12:08 AM
Classical size rubab

Quote: Originally posted by RubabPlayer  
June Sale is nearly over. I have one remaining standard size plain Rubab available. This is a great instrument with wonderful sound. We've had several inquiries so first to place a confirmation order will take this one home.

The conflice in the region has made work on new instruments a little slower than usual. Our makers have now set up secure places to continue their work and are offering custom orders again. So we can take custom special orders for Rubab, Tanbur and Dotar. Turn around is still about 30 days from order to shipping.

The maker wishes to help promote the larger Classical Sized Rubab. These are larger instruments with a 70-75cm scale length and the most amazing natural reverb from the depth and size of the body. There are very few of these in circulation outside top Afghan players and offers a distinctive sound and feeling over the standard size instruments.

Hello, How much does it cost for the classical size rubab? Do you have any photos?

These are better for experienced musicians as the size makes it a little harder to handle. I play both and find the larger instrument a bit more challenging.

If you would like to know more, please contact me. I can send along some photos of my instrument for reference.

coyootie
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 7-20-2009 at 07:08 AM

hello, I have a nice old (perhaps 40-50 yrs) rubab, fully playable,inlaid neck. I'd sell this for 500 US$ plus insured shipping. let me know if you're interested, I'll email pix.
corridoio
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-21-2009 at 02:52 PM

Hi Coyootie
I sent you a u2u
michoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: in the mooud again..

[*] posted on 7-22-2009 at 09:45 AM

Hi
I sent you a u2u to...
Cronan
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-5-2009 at 01:59 PM

Hello,
I am back from Uzbekistan.
So I do have instruments for sell.
I have finich to restaure Afhan Pashtu rebab. I had hard work to do on it : new sounding bord, new skin, and new forme of the body. I have set the instrument with new strings, it sounds well but I think the strings are not well.
So, I do have a question. Where did you get your afgan rebab strings or what do you use. I use harp strings.
Bien à vous,
Sylvain
m.abba
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-13-2010 at 12:33 AM

Hey guys,
im new here but i love this place.
im a Tar player i play the irani tar in a small ensemble here in california,
we play songs from all over, persia,turk,armenia and also some afghan style music.

Im actually looking for a real descent quality rubab, and i know their hard to find...
looks like some of you may have links...

would love if anybody could reply to this and let me know if there is any connection happening.

Thank you all.
may the music sings within.
M.abba
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 06:18 PM

Hello,

We are able to provide master quality Afghan Rubab made to order.

Classical, Standard and Folk sizes are available. Decoration can range from none to very ornate. Also you have some choices for string set up.

Please contact me if you would like to hear more. Or visit our site.

http://www.rainineden.com/sasurai
Cronan
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-23-2010 at 01:36 AM

Hello Rubab Player,
You still in Japan?
Your instruments look nice, it will be great to try some.
Back to you.
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 05:46 AM

Hi Cronan,

Thanks for your message. I am still in Japan.

We are still bringing in Rubab from our Afghan Rubab maker. And more recently I started importing very rare Persian
Rubabs. There are several types including a bass Persian Rubab and the standard classical Persian type.

If you are in Japan, let me know and I can arrange time for you to try some of the instruments.

Take care
RubabPlayer
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-10-2010 at 06:15 PM

Hello Everyone,

The flooding and problems in NWFP have pretty much shut down production for Rubabs for the time being. I expect by early fall, things will resume.

Until then I have two very wonderful instruments available.

1. Full Standard Size, undecorated Afghan Rubab. Wonderful instrument for JPY45,000 or USD475.00 This instrument has a wonderful sound and is ready for shipping.

2. Full Size Afghan Herati Dotar. This is a very rare instrument and it is the last we expect to have for a very long while. JPY40,000 or USD425.00.

Shipping will be from Japan, if you are interested, please le us know your address and we will quote for shipping costs.
rocco786
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-5-2012 at 05:38 AM

HI Rababplayer-

I have been looking for a Herati dutar....it sounds like your the man that can get one. Please let me know hoe to get one made for me?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top